Needed: Pasta salad and broccoli salad recipe kid ideas too

michelegbowman
michelegbowman Posts: 195
edited September 26 in Recipes
Hi Friends,

I am throwing a birthday party for my twin cowboys on Saturday and I need a couple of recipes please. I'm trying to serve something healthier than the routine pizza. So far on the menu I have peanut butter/banana pinwheels and chicken nuggets and fruit for the kids and pinwheel turkey sandiwiches and pinwheel ham sandwiches for the adults but I need a couple of sides.

Please post or pm me with some pasta and broccoli salad recipes.

Please send helpful hints on how to make it healthier or tastier.

I think some spiral noodels are fun for the pasta -- kids would likely eat it and the broccoli salad -- the kind with raisins and carrots.

We're having a jumping party and one of those bounce house places and we're having a transformer theme -- Optimus Prime and Bumblee bee. So we have a transformer cake and autobot cookies.

Please also send any other ideas for this party. I love creativity. Any other menu ideas are very welcome.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it,
Michele, mom to lil cowboys, will and drew, almost 5

Replies

• ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Broccoli pasta salad sounds amazing!
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Here's one of my favorite pasta salad recipes:

1 box of the tri-colored rotini pasta
    1 can of tuna fish
    1 bag of frozen broccoli/cauliflower (with or without the carrots, as well)
    Hellman's light mayo
    Ranch dressing (you can get the light or fat-free kind)
    Garlic powder (or minced garlic)

Cook the pasta & the veggies, then mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. You use enough of the mayo/dressing to your taste. I usually start w/2 tsps of mayo & about 1 tbsp of dressing, then go from there. Same with adding the garlic, which gives the salad just a little kick.
  • RocknnRobin
    RocknnRobin Posts: 20 Member
    one of my favorites:

minced red onion
    minced red bell pepper
    feta cheese crumbles
    diced black olives
    diced cucumber

+ your favorite box of cooked, drained pasta

toss the whole mix with a bottle of low-fat Italian dressing. Voila.
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    My favorite pasta salad is 1 package tri-colored rotini - cooked & drained - combine with fat free low cal italian dressing, grape/cherry tomatoes cut in halves, black olives, diced red onion, diced multi-colored sweet bell peppers, and blanched broccoli florets. Chill & serve - everyone always loves this!
This discussion has been closed.