anyone take vitamins more stress and energy?

Options
Work is becoming stressful lately mainly because of jealiousy. I feel like I always been kind to her but things are coming back to me that she is saying. which is giving me stress and in turn low energy and affecting my diet. I hate to let it get to me but I'm so weak hearted Im letting it get to me. It really shows in my choices of food. Im not having a total melt down or anything but its enough to play with my head.

Does anyone take a B suppliment for mild stress and low energy? Or anything esle that might help. Thanks!

Replies

• lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D is great for energy. =) I don't know about B, but I do take D, and I love it! More in the winter months for me, because of the lack of the sun, and then less in the summer. Good luck!
  • melly196804
    melly196804 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am actually taking a B vitamin supplement, I don't know what the specifics of your situation are, but don't get worked up over what stupid people say about you. They are just jealous. Worry about what you are doing and forget about what they are saying. Someone is always going to say something. Good Luck.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't take Vitamin supplements because I usually get all I need from eating but I do take melatonin to help me sleep at night because of stress. I don't know if your stress is effecting your sleep or not but I do recommend it. I usually have more energy from a good night's sleep.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Joined Aug 2010
    Sun 04/10/11 02:21 PMI don't take Vitamin supplements because I usually get all I need from eating but I do take melatonin to help me sleep at night because of stress. I don't know if your stress is effecting your sleep or not but I do recommend it. I usually have more energy from a good night's sleep.

Funny you mentioned melatonin, I was looking it up. It could be a lack of sleep, I find myself waking up througout the night and I have been more tired than usuall. Thanks for your input.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I typically take a B-vitamin supplement. When I'm having a bad day, I swear by an Odwalla Blueberry B Monster. Avocados also have lots of Bs, which is probably why guacamole is such a feel-good food for me.

B-complex is also supposed to increase your metabolism.
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A womens vitamin w/B complex will help w/energy. The melatonin for sleep is a must (but you have to be able to sleep at least 6-8 hours or don't take it). I rest so much better when I take my melatonin, which in turn makes me a happier camper at work...lol
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, great advise here. Gonna pick some up tomorrow and hopefully it helps.