making pork chops. any good recipes

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
Making pork chops. Does anyone have good recipe .. want to try something different ..

Replies

• musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I just recently made cocoa crusted porkchops, and they're only around 150 calories!! (depending on how much you eat of course!) All you need is porkchops, 1Tbls of cocoa powder (unsweetened), 1 tsp of instant coffee, 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of chili powder. Combine all the spices, rub down the pork chops with some olive oil and sprinkle both sides with the spice mixture. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes, turning them after 20. If you have pans that things stick to easily, I suggest putting some type of non-stick cooking spray or coating it with a little olive oil to prevent them from sticking! If you decide to try these some time, I hope you enjoy them!! My family did :)
  • twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops

Grill pork chops when almost finished brush them with sauce.

Sauce
    1/2 cup apple juice
    1/2 brown sugar
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp oil

bring to a boil then add 1/2 cup water mixed with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I dredge them in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then lightly brown (in olive oil) on both sides. Then I add apple cider to almost cover the chops, put a lid on the saute pan, and cook for about an hour (turn them once). The flour helps to thicken the cider and makes a great "gravy" for them, plus they are moist and yummy!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I recently made breaded pork chops using corn flakes. I trimmed them of as much fat as I could. Then I dipped in flour, then egg, then corn flakes. I know this is crazy, but we like to eat them with hot sauce. The breading did not add as many calories as I thought.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I don't have instant coffee. But sounds really good
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    on the weber- grilled with grill masters seasoning- awesome
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    you can brown them in a little olive oil, add a cup or two of salsa, and let them simmer for about 30 minutes. Top with cheese if you want. These are my favorite!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Molasses-Plum Sauce

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 1/4 cup plum mixture)

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1/4 cup dried blueberries
    3 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons molasses
    1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
    1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
    3 plums, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
    Cooking spray
    4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
    Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)

Preparation
    Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in broth, blueberries, vinegar, molasses, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, coriander, and plums; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until plums are tender and mixture is thick.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over pork chops. Add pork chops to skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat to medium; cook 4 minutes or until done. Remove pork chops from skillet; cover and keep warm. Add plum mixture to skillet; bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Spoon plum mixture over pork. Garnish

Amount per serving
    Calories: 299
    Calories from fat: 29%
    Fat: 9.6g
    Saturated fat: 2.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 5g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Protein: 27.1g
    Carbohydrate: 26.6g
    Fiber: 1.9g
    Cholesterol: 69mg
    Iron: 1.7mg
    Sodium: 434mg
    Calcium: 61mg
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Butter

YIELD: 8 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop)

Ingredients
    8 (7-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
    1 teaspoon salt, divided
    3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
    1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
    1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tablespoons butter, softened
    2 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
    1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind

Preparation
    1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.

2. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Combine oil, chives, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, stirring well. Rub oil mixture evenly over both sides of pork. Place pork on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of pork registers 155°. Remove pork from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.

3. Combine butter, shallots, and lemon rind, stirring well. Spread about 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each pork chop; let the pork stand an additional 5 minutes

Amount per serving
    Calories: 208
    Fat: 12.2g
    Saturated fat: 4.5g
    Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
    Protein: 22.5g
    Carbohydrate: 0.7g
    Fiber: 0.1g
    Cholesterol: 68mg
    Iron: 0.7mg
    Sodium: 360mg
    Calcium: 28mg
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    There's a great recipe in the ChaLEAN Extreme book. It's actually already entered into MFP:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/chalean-extreme-burn-dinner-country-style-pork-chops-with-sauteed-spinach-1252962
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    bump
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My family likes them in the roaster pan with a can of coca cola poured over them. Makes them really tender and no need for any seasoning. SO simple and good!