Turbo Jam

Options
I was wondering how I would log this in for exercise I don't know what to put it under. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• skermit23
    Options
    I was wondering how I would log this in for exercise I don't know what to put it under. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Just click Turbo Jam under cardiovascular exercises. (I think it's figured around 400 cals an hour, which may vary depending on the person)
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    From what I could figure out, it's comparable to step aerobics, which is like 550 calories an hour for a 150 lb. person. For those of y'all that can physically handle Turbo Jam ~ I salute you! I've been making a valient attempt to do it but I can only handle 12-15 minutes before it gets to hurting too badly :frown: Sheesh ~ I can handle a hour of low-impact aerobics plus a 45 minute walk a day but more than 15 minutes of Turbo Jam has me so wracked out that I can hardly get out of bed in the morning :cry: I feel like such a wimp :angry: :grumble:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    From what I could figure out, it's comparable to step aerobics, which is like 550 calories an hour for a 150 lb. person. For those of y'all that can physically handle Turbo Jam ~ I salute you! I've been making a valient attempt to do it but I can only handle 12-15 minutes before it gets to hurting too badly :frown: Sheesh ~ I can handle a hour of low-impact aerobics plus a 45 minute walk a day but more than 15 minutes of Turbo Jam has me so wracked out that I can hardly get out of bed in the morning :cry: I feel like such a wimp :angry: :grumble:

For me, I figure it about 400 cals an hour. It all depends on how in shape you are.

Keep at it, TJ will get easier for you! :flowerforyou:
  • skermit23
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank all of you
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

For me, I figure it about 400 cals an hour. It all depends on how in shape you are.

Come on!! It's gonna be more! I'm 137lbs, and I burn between 500-600 doing Cardio Party 3 for the 40 minutes! Today I burned 740 calories doing CP3 and Ab Jam. You must be in great shape if you're not having to work hard enough to burn at least 500 calories!! I envy you!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Come on!! It's gonna be more! I'm 137lbs, and I burn between 500-600 doing Cardio Party 3 for the 40 minutes! Today I burned 740 calories doing CP3 and Ab Jam. You must be in great shape if you're not having to work hard enough to burn at least 500 calories!! I envy you!

Well, I figure my running at 100 cals per mile, and I know I'm burning more cals when running than when doing TJ. And yes, I use my weighted gloves and I don't take it easy. :laugh:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I burn around 500 cals for 43 mins (normal length of the workout class I do) and I'm 140 lbs. I'm almost jealous of my roommate; she's heavier than me and she burns MEGA calories doing turbo! :laugh:

Also you have to add that one yourself because other people's exercises don't get added to the database like the foods do. (Already went through that one in another thread). Happy jamming! :flowerforyou:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and usually burn around 700-800 calories in an hour of Turbo.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Depends on if you do it low or high impact, but I do aerobics. Right now i am still in low-impact, the 20-minute one