spinach dip cups... 185 calories for 4!!

Options
Ok so I am an avid fan of creamy gooey cheesy spinach dip with tortillas..... not wanting to risk the calorie and fat intake of ordering it from a restaurant I decided I would make my own version!! So here it is folks...

1/2 Cup cooked spinach ( I used Pictsweet frozen spinach )

4 Wonton wrappers ( I used nasoya the little squares not the bigger ones )

1 ounce great value neufchatel cheese ( it has less fat and calories than regular cream cheese ) * cream cheese

shredded mozzarella cheese ( to add the calories on here i typed in 1/4 cup but...used MAYBE 1/4 of that.. and honestly I didnt use that much .. i would say a teaspoon maybe for each..... ) with that being said the calories are less... :)

small dash garlic salt. ( or you could use fresh garlic... i didnt have any )

cooking spray.

so the assembly....

preheat oven to 350 lightly spray 4 cups of a muffin tin place one wrapper in each so corners poke out. bake 3-5 mins till they are a bit firm. meanwhile cook spinach per package instructions. when done push the water out of the spinach and sprinkle a dash of garlic salt and add soften * cream cheese, mix together. when cooked wontons come out of oven add 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture to each cup. then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese really i used very little.
bake in oven until corners of the wrappers are crispy. about 5 mins or so

this makes 4 you can eat all 4 @ 185 calories 19 carbs,

this is so amazing its just like spinach dip and tortilla chips wrapped in one.

enjoy people!!!!!!

Replies

• keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    i need to go grocery shopping!!! :laugh:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yum ! I am going to have to try this !
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :love: this had to do as we do not have a drool smiley!!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will be making these soon!!! Thanks:-)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump and those sound so good.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Yum - these sound great, and spinach dip is a big weakness for me - thanks for sharing!
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    oohh ladies they are fantastic I ate two.. i want all 4 but i thought i would be nice and save the other two for my man to try.... :)
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thankyou for this! Spinach dip is a big treat for me!
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump, not sure where to get these ingredients but ill find them, where do you get won ton wrappers??? IN the isle??
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I am printing this and taking it to the grocery store tomorrow!!! Thank you! :)
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    wow those sound great chicka! You will have to make them for the next team meeting :happy: hehe
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    bump, not sure where to get these ingredients but ill find them, where do you get won ton wrappers??? IN the isle??

I got all of the ingredients at Wal-mart the won tons wrappers are in the produce section in the cold case... usually by the packaged veggies and tofu stuff.
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    Niiki _ i accept that challenge!!! or i can make them at our next scrap booking event!!!
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    Niiki _ i accept that challenge!!! or i can make them at our next scrap booking event!!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • stellagreg
    Options
    bump
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Sounds delicious.....Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options

OH YEAH!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    yummmmmy!!!