How to find a gym buddy?

Options
I know how helpful it is to have someone to meet at the gym to be accountable to, but it seems like everyone there already knows each other. How do you find someone like you to meet up with?

Replies

• Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I always went with my brother, we had fun playing raquet ball and soaking in the hot tub. I dunno how safe it is but you could always try Craigs list, If you are meeting at the gym and theres a lot of people around it might be safe.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Maybe put a post on here about if anyone lives in your area. Maybe you will find someone who wants to take walks or workout with you.
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have always found people to hang with in the classes I take - if you are consistent in going to the same yoga, cardio, etc. time you will see the same people show up. I've gotten to know quite a few that way.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I agree with ksv. If you always go to the gym at the same time and go to classes you will meet people that have the same routine as you. The classes are very helpful to find gym buddies!
  • rileydi
    rileydi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If I didn't live on the complete opposite side of the U.S I would totally work out with you!!
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I joined www.meetup.com and joined an Adventure group in my area for free. They have groups on there for EVERYTHING you could think of and again almost everything is free. I know I've seen exercise groups in there so maybe see what they have in your area?
  • jonjon143
    jonjon143 Posts: 75
    Options
    Check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is dedicated to connecting locals who share a passion for healthy lifestyles. With a database of over 8,000 weight loss centers, 6,000 gyms, thousands of parks and trails, and over 100,000 upcoming events (all searchable by zip code) there is a lot to enjoy.
  • ifidget
    ifidget Posts: 1
    Options
    I was able to lose 60 pounds of weight because I found a gym chum to help motivate me and now I want to help everyone else. I am the founder of www.gymchum.com. A landing page was launched on the 1st April 2012 and we plan to go live on the same day as the opening ceremony of the Olympics this year. The mission is too connect gym members with the same goals.

On the landing page it has a before and after pic of me and the story behind it. Thanks for reading. :-)