What do you drive?

Options
deeharley
deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
So, amid all the getting to know you posts - what do you do, where do you live, etc. - I thought I'd do a little car shopping. :happy:

What do you drive and why do you like it or dislike it? And what was your favorite vehicle you ever owned?

I just had to give up a 1996 Nissan Quest minivan - LOVED it. If I didn't need a four-wheel-drive, I'd be tempted to put several thousand dollars into dropping a new tranny in it.

I currently drive a 1997 Ford F250 - 4-wheel-drive. It's my husband's gas hog.

My favorite car was a Subaru Justy. It got close to 35 miles per gallon - before that was cool. And my friends fit in it. If I had it today, though, my 6'1" 14 year old would not.

Replies

• Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I drive a KIA Spectra, they are AWESOME!!!! They almost never need work other than the regular stuff, I have owned 2 of them and love love love them!!!!!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    A Dodge 4x4 1500 Sport Package Orange in Color my truck is AWESOME
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a 2008 Jeep Commander...I love it. I used to drive a Honda Accord and that was probably my favorite car but that was before I had 2 kids and 3 dogs! So, I do love the jeep. It has 3 rows of seats (3rd is optional) which was the big selling point to me, well, that and the 4 wheel drive since I live in Wyoming and right now it's snowing!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Have a 2010 Subaru Legacy - I adore it to pieces. This is the first car I bought while out of the nest, it's only the second car I've had, and it's defiantly my favorite :)

The amount of room in this car is spectacular! It drives like no other, even in city life. I also have a 6'3" Dad who can fit in the back seat with more room than he knows what to do with! I can easily fit 5 people in my car with room to spare. - Also has a huge trunk. And don't forget a dashboard that lights up at night, to die for.

:D I LOVE MY SUBARU
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I drive a Lincoln Navigator 4X4. I love my SUV. I will be getting another one when I have to purchase a new car! I have a large car because of my large family, and I only have 2 kids. The large part is my husband is 6'6", and my older son of 14 year is already over 6' tall. There are not many cars that they fit in and not hit the ceiling, or has the leg room in the back seat.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    A classic silver 1997 Honda Civic Hatchback. Almost vintage and in immaculate condition! Bought it four years ago with only 96,000 km for a little over 10 grand. Simply couldn't refuse - an outstanding value. Took me three months of shopping around but it was well worth every effort. 400 km in town on $47CDN. Gas is almost at $1.50 a liter here. On the highways I average anywhere between 500-600 km.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your needs are.

My family fun rocket is a 2005 Honda Odyssey with 105,000 miles on it - still going strong. We love Toyota's and Honda's here. They keep their resale value and the Japanese just make great cars!

I've had in the past a Toyota Rav4 which I also loved and a BMW 323i - which I hated. BMW's are pieces of poo. Everything on them breaks and they are a maintenance headache! Luxury car? Phwah! Whatever! Give me a toyota or Honday any day.

BTW - I've never met a Honda Odyssey owner who didn't LOVE their van! It's not a van, it's an experience!
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I drive a white 06 Ford Focus...Soon to be traded in for something else, of course right now that's to be determined. lol I like my car but it's got tan cloth interior and it gets dirty after a while. I'd like something with darker interior & just newer updates. I'd really like some sort of small suv/crossover but gas is too ridiculous right now. Maybe a hybrid perhaps?
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

BTW - I've never met a Honda Odyssey owner who didn't LOVE their van! It's not a van, it's an experience!

love my Odyssey as well, and yes I became a proud mini van mom a week before my first was born in 2006. :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I drive a 3 series BMW touring (like a cross between a hatch back and a station wagon). 2006 I think. I love her, especially the fact that I can open just the glass part in the back without having to open the whole trunk. I love that seats fold down. I love that there's plenty of room for everything I need. I love that she's AWD and with snow tires on her in the winter she's a tank. I don't like how long she is - we have issues fitting her into the driveway. I don't like that she's out of warranty and I don't get free maintenance anymore -- she's over 4 years old. I love that she's paid off though.

I'm going to go look at the X1 unveiling tomorrow. I've also looked at the Mini Countryman in 4 WD and I'm very tempted by that one. Right now it's hard to give up a perfectly working paid off car though. I'm torn because I want to get top value as a trade in, but I don't want to start having to make car payments.

DH drives a 7 series. It's WAY too big for me and has too many gadgets. The dash is like a plane cockpit! He's German and a techie tho so he loves it.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I drive a Ford Flex and LOVE it! Tons of room for kids, friends, sports equipment, etc. Awesome nav system. The Sync feature lets me do everything by voice and I don't have to take my hands off the wheel. Sits low to the ground like a car so I can actually get into it while wearing a skirt without any fear of clothing malfunction. Very smooth ride.

I used to drive a Volvo V70R racing wagon. THAT was loads of fun before kids got too big.

Good luck with your search!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have a 2000 Jetta TDI with a 5 speed manual. It has a diesel engine that allows me to get 45 miles per gallon with mixed city and driving. I am really looking forward to upgrading it so that it gets 60+ mpg with 200+ horsepower :bigsmile: I absolutely love my car and hope to have it for a long time.
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm going through a mid-life crisis;) I just traded in my 2002 Honda Oddysey for a 2006 convertible Mustang - Love it - so fast and fun:D
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I drive a Nissan Xterra and love it. Just enough room for my camping gear and my dog. The seats are comfortable for long drives, too.
    The only thing I don't like about it is the gas mileage, which could be better.

Other than what I currently drive, I loved the Honda CRX I had back in the late 80's-through the 90's. It was fun to drive and got 50 MPG highway. I miss that car. (It's another reason I'm not too impressed with today's fuel-efficient cars, if I was getting 50 back in the late 80's why can't I get 50-60 in a car today?)
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 2011 Honda CRV last week and I love it! It has every possible bell and whistle and I feel completely pampered driving it. It also has so much room. I have a dog bed in the very back and I can put my puppy back there and take her to the park without getting the seats dirty. It is the best!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I love my 1995 Honda CR-V. We've never had a single mechanical problem with it! Best car I've ever had and drives well in snow too.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    During the work week I drove a Honda Accord (my company car). I HATE HATE HATE it!!! It's a really nice car with all the bells and whistles. But it is so uncomfortable that I want to scream by the time I've been in the car an hour. NOT a good thing since drive all day, most every day. My last company car was a Toyota Camry. LOVED it so much! So the moral of this story....If you are short, don't get an Accord.

My weekend car is a Nissan 350Z. I am in love with her. But not practical for someone with kids at home. Like a beautiful pair of pumps...Uncomfortable to wear, but you look so good in them!! LOL!

My favorite car ever was a Toyota 4Runner. You can't go wrong with a 4Runner! Loved it so much! Probably going to get one again when I can part with my Z.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I drive a 2002 Dodge Stratus. I previously owned a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus, which is essentially the same car. Both have given me loads of trouble, including a new transmission in my current car. MY advice is to stick clear of Dodge/Chrysler.

I've got my eye on a new Acura TL for my next car. I am in love with that car!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I drive a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer. I love it :D It has a GREAT sound system and is a fast little car with a lot of leg room.
  • photogurl
    photogurl Posts: 19
    Options
    I drive a 97 Geo Prizm... I have had it for awhile, and aside from the hose on the radiator poppin off, I haven't had an issues with it... I am a big girl and I fit fine in it... However... I have a brother/sister set of friends that are 6'7 and 6'3 and bigger, he is like 400-ish and she is around 325-ish... and they fit in my car, but they could never drive it...
    It only takes $30 to fill it up, and it can last me a week or two... It is nice!