Does any body else feel guilty about assing "cleaning" to th

Options
2»

Replies

• TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I add in whatever cardio activity is out of the norm. If you are normally on your feet all day chasing a child around, you should not set your normal activity level as sedentary. Carrying, caring and running after a small child is NOT a sedentary life and shouldnt be noted at such. I work sitting in front of a computer most of my day. That is sedentary. So, I do count the extra above average time spent cleaning and or even cooking. When I stand all day, chopping, go back and forth on my feet for three days, hours on end prepping for Thanksgiving or for a special occasion I count that. When I spent nearly an hour a day on my knees cleaning messes from my cancer/chemo sick dog I counted that. As long as it is completely out of the ordinary I don't feel guilty to log these activities.
  • Pamela90B
    Pamela90B Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I add in whatever cardio activity is out of the norm. If you are normally on your feet all day chasing a child around, you should not set your normal activity level as sedentary. Carrying, caring and running after a small child is NOT a sedentary life and shouldnt be noted at such. I work sitting in front of a computer most of my day. That is sedentary. So, I do count the extra above average time spent cleaning and or even cooking. When I stand all day, chopping, go back and forth on my feet for three days, hours on end prepping for Thanksgiving or for a special occasion I count that. When I spent nearly an hour a day on my knees cleaning messes from my cancer/chemo sick dog I counted that. As long as it is completely out of the ordinary I don't feel guilty to log these activities.

I set my level to sedentary because our house is extremely baby proof, and she entertains herself pretty well now. so there isn't actually a whole lot of chasing going on lol.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    In your case with the baby proof home and a self entertained baby I guess you can possibly be sedentary. It is up to you to log your cleaning cardio or not. I truly do not think it hurts if it is above and beyond the normal cleaning you may do on any given day/week. Good luck reaching your goals. Your baby is adorable btw. I love her in your profile pic.