i cant stop snacking!

Options
i havent been eating actuall full meals. whatever i see i pick up & eat it! i know its bad ! i neeed to fix this ! any suggestions????

Replies

• missyjoy_15
    missyjoy_15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well usually when you feel like you are hungry you are actually just thirsty so try to drink a cup of water or 2 and try to get some regular meals in there, snacking isn't bad it keeps your metabolism going but you need to make sure that they are healthy choices! Good Luck
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    eat meals, eat every 3-4 hrs -- HEALTHY food.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Have a lot of carrot, celery, etc, chopped up and handy to munch/snack on.
  • tarawheeler
    Options
    You have to eat full meals! And It helps me if I get in the habit of trying to eat the same things everyday... For breakfast i have cereal (300 calories) A PB&J (400 Calories) and Dinner which is usually around 600-700 calories and then one or two 100 calories snacks.... I've been doing pretty well about keeping my calorie intake around 1400 and I've lost five pounds in two weeks...
    Being consistent will help remember to keep the goals you're setting and eating regular meals will help you stay full until your next meal or small snack...

Meals=Good

Good luck!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Would it help if instead of setting up for example 3 main meals a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner) you set up your diary so that it's 5-6 small "snacking meals a day? You can plan it out so that each small meal is around 200-250 calories. That also helps your metabolism keep on going, and you could spread these out throughout the day so you eat every 2-3 hours
  • stressjunkie
    stressjunkie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told to eat celery.....it has zero calories and you get that sense of eating. I had that problem and then when I started to keep track of everything on here it kept me in check. I don't buy that junk food anymore....if it isn't around, I can't eat it. It's very hard to have that discipline to not buy it or eat it, but that hard work will pay off. Also, if you are exercising more, you do need more calories, and snacking all day is actually healthier than 3 square meals a day....as long as you are picking healthy!
  • mbjo
    mbjo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's hard to break that habit so maybe just try snacking healthy - Water or prepare carrots and celery or cut up an apple and munch on a bite at a time from the refrigerator. Some say more exercise will help too. All the best to you!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What is everyone talking about? You don't need full meals at all.

You do need to snack on healthy things, and often during the day. I think you have the often part down :wink: just make sure you are within your calorie goal for the day, and choosing healthy options!

I literally eat all day long, but I know the portions I can afford to eat, and the items that are better for me, so I have lost weight and felt great and stayed within my goals (nearly) each day. Eating all day long helps quell my boredom and also I am never REALLY hungry!
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    You don't necessarily have to eat 'full meals' - it's often better to eat five or six small meals or snacks throughout the day, like ari_27 said. If your snacking is uncontrollable however, and you're snacking on the wrong foods, that's a problem. What works for me is planning my diary ahead of time. I plan mine a full week in advance but you may want to start just doing it the night before or in the morning. You can plan for three meals and a couple of snacks or you can change the names of your meals in your diary like I have and call them 'meal 1', 'meal 2', 'meal 3' etc. I usually eat 5 small meals a day. That way you know what you're going to be eating ahead of time and you always know there's a snack or meal just around the corner to look forward to!
  • TheSingleMamacita
    Options
    Having done the HGC diet (so so bad for you!), my secret to feeling full was to have a cup of fat free chicken broth. Heat it up and drink it down. Soups do the same thing but make sure you do broth based and not cream based. Also? Hot tea can help there are a dozen yummy flavors. Hot liquid in the tummy, what can I say?