for those who use Game Concles for weight loss?

Options
for thouse who us the Wii PS3 or the Xbox360 Kinect ....

if im using a dance or a exercise game for my weight loss or exercise where and how do i claim it and does it figure the calories ?

im just figure all this out and starting to do ths so i may have looked over it but help is always needed!!

thanks

Replies

• spaztastic13
    Options
    I have the wii and i have just dance and the zumba and i log it under Dancing general for how ever many minutes and then it will calculate the calories for you.....:smooched:
  • marceyabrons
    marceyabrons Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    if you use Wii Active it counts the number of calories burned, but I always wear a heart rate monitor to get the accurate number of calories burned.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have the 360 and Kinect. Your Shape gives you a calories burned estimate, though it tends to underestimate by anywhere from 25-50%. EA Sports Active comes with a wrist heart rate monitor.

I bought a Polar FT4 HRM to monitor my calories burned when using these games, and it is really great for keeping track. If you don't have a HRM, best option is to use one of the aerobic cardio options in the database to get a decent estimate on your calorie burn.
  • NurseChristy3
    NurseChristy3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have wondered this also...bought the Polar ft7 heart rate monitor and going to start using that and finding something with similar calorie burn count to add it on MFP
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Active and Wii DDR (workout mode) it automatically figures the calories I burn so when I do DDR I do it as dancing and put in the amount of time that equals the amount of calories the game tells me I have burned. For the Wii active I added an exercise as wii active and I just match the amount of time and calories the game says I have done.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I have DDR too...love that game....