Zumba

Options
I just got a few Zumba DVDs and did an hour today, yay me! Very fun stuff. I went to log it on the Exercise tracker, but it wasn't there. I know you are able to do it on your own, but I do not own a calorie counter and I believe they can get a little expensive. Anyone else doing zumba that have any tips on how to track it properly??

Replies

• Mommyto3inAz
    Options
    I just had the same issue! I checked Dance and Aerobic and they differ a LOT...
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I too wonder about this...i logg it under Aerobics-High Impact. Not sure if thats right?? :/
  • futureflaka
    futureflaka Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was told by another zumba alum that it can be logged as jazzercise. Now I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's what I've been doing.
  • sjmartinez
    Options
    try dailyburn.com.. i just use it for my p90x workouts. I don't have a heartrate monitor.

You have to join but it has the zumba workout on it
  • Mommyto3inAz
    Options
    Calories

Zumba workouts can vary in intensity, and calorie burn depends on an individual's weight, fitness level and muscle composition. During an hour long session you can burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories. On average, a 150-lb. person can expect to burn 536 calories during an hour of Zumba. By comparison, the same person would burn 413 calories during an hour of moderate swimming, 477 for an hour of casual racquetball and 684 for an hour of running at a 10-minute-mile

Read more: How Many Calories Do You Burn During One Hour of Zumba? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5368632_many-during-one-hour-zumba_.html#ixzz1JBclIFxf
  • sjmartinez
    Options
    oh and joining is free hope that helps
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    Do some research online about what Zumba can burn for someone your specific size. Then you can create your own exercise for it. That's what I did! :wink:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing since my sweetie ordered Zumba Workout system from QVC last Thursday. This exact question was asked in the Fitness and Exercise form. Everyone responded that they use the High Impact Aerobic category. That seems reasonale to me. Reading online about Zumba it says that it burns 500-800 calories per hour depending on the person's weight, fitness level and muscle composition. So it seems reasonable to me that High Impact aerobic would fit.
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I love MFP!! I just joined, but I feel like everyone is so nice and willing to help one another! Awsome! Thankx for the tips:)
  • jessicaweber81
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! It's an intense cardio workout without feeling like you are working out. Talk about sweating! I highly recommend it to anyone of any age, size or shape. :wink:
  • mirka36
    mirka36 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love Zumba, and I normaly usenig 60=640 cals. that is an avarige what i found.