two days in a row

Options
I have a question :
Last saturday I ate way too much (at least 800 extra calories on top of my calorie allowance), but then sunday I was a bit under my calories. So the question is, if I overindulge one day, does it make sense to eat less the day after ( basically it counts calories consumed within 24 hours, but who is to say which 24 hours should be counted )? Or should I just forget my binge day like it never happened and eat normal amount of calories next day?

Replies

• Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just forget it and try to eat really well the following day. I never cut right back because I have done that before and it usually ends up with my one bad day turning into a bad week! Or worse!
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    lots of people 'zig-zag' their calories (have over one day, and then under the next...) try working out what your average calories are over the space of a week, and as long as you're averaging your goal calories you should be fine!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an idea, but not something you want to be doing regularly as you may see yourself having too many bad days due to the idea that you can make up for it the following day.

How about increasing your exercise the following day to make up for the calories eaten the day before?

After a bad day I usually get up, brush myself down and be extra good the next day eating plenty of fruit and veg and drinking lots of water :flowerforyou:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i agree with Sheltie4. but you need to stay on course as much as possible. cheating every other day will not help you each your goal. you are not developing a healthier lifestyle with good habits. you are still pretty much doing the same thing you were doing to begin with that was not working.

Now that's not to say that you can't go over every once in a while and that doesn't mean every week or even every other week. Maybe once a month is OK but if you know you are going out with friends, plan a head. workout extra that day and plan out your meal if you know where you are going to minimize your calorie intake or to even stay within your calorie limits for that day.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I would drink tons of water the next day & try to eat as clean as possible and low cal as possible.

Id also look at y I went over and try to change it so it never happens again. Everyonne has bad days but I wouldn't want to see scale go up..I allow myself what I want, n moderation, and if I plan to go out I work my whole day around it to fit it n...if its a unplanned outing, I look at my calories left and the look at the menu to see what I can eat. If I go over a few, I can jog n place to burn cal for a couple min, or dance to some music on the radio. I might say f it and remain over for the day but I never let myself go over my bmr calorie number or else I will gain
  • catusha
    catusha Posts: 11
    Options
    thank you all,
    it was a one-off day that just got out of hand (with a BBQ and a night out afterwards). Usually I plan ahead and even on weekends hardly go over my calories.
    Basically, from all of your replies it sounds like not such big a deal if it happens once in a blue moon.
    I think my weekends are the hardest to keep to the calories because of the 2 -3 glasses of white wine that I allow myself. I have heard that some people don't count the calories if its just one alcoholic drink, but I try and log in everything...
    So if it ever happens again, drink lots of water and exercise the next day. Got it !