Good exercises for love handles?

Options
Ive been really focusing on my over all body shape and have been "trotting"/jogging on the treadmill for an hour a day 5-6 days a week. I know theres no way to lose fat in a specific place (and im okay with that considering i want to lose fat all over) but does anyone know any good exercises to tone my love handles? any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Sami

Replies

• sweetsamipie
    Options
    Ive been really focusing on my over all body shape and have been "trotting"/jogging on the treadmill for an hour a day 5-6 days a week. I know theres no way to lose fat in a specific place (and im okay with that considering i want to lose fat all over) but does anyone know any good exercises to tone my love handles? any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Sami
  • Turtletot1
    Options
    I too have had trouble with this area. I have taken a Total abs class at a Boxing place and this was the one situp that they repeated a said it was for the "love Handles". Please bare with me in my discription as I am not very good describing. Here we go. Lay on your side with your hands behind your head (remember they just rest here not pulling up your head). Now bend your knees to the angle they would be if you are sitting in a chair. Lift your knees off the ground about 2 inches. Now lift your head and shoulders off the ground. Remember to keep your knees off the ground. I hope this makes sense. You will feel the muscles tighted as you squeese them while you lift. Hope this helps. You will need to flip to do the other side. Let me know if you need me to describe it again.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Try using an Acu-Hoop. Its a weighted hula hoop ranging anywhere from 2 to 6 lbs. They are guaranteed to take off 2 inches a month, If you use them for 10 minutes twice a day,three times a week. I LOVE mine. Ive been using it for a few months and have lost 4 inches already.
    You can find them at sports-hoop.com. They are like $30-45 depending on the weight you get. I got mine from craigslist for $20!! And believe me ten minutes really works up a sweat and you can definetly feel it in your abs and obliques. I was so sore the day after I used it the first time!!! But is was a GOOD HURT!
    HTH
    Good Luck
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Jogging is the only thing that's decreased my love handles :smile:

:heart: Kels
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Try pilates ..... they have all over body excercises.