I'm EXTREMELY frustrated!

Options
Could someone please tell me how I I've been gaining a lbs then losing .4 then gaining another lbs???? I've been exercising like a mad woman, eating 3 low cal meals a day with a piece of fruit in between, and I've been drinking NOTHING but water!

Please someone explain this to me before I go crazy!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This always happens to me, I lose 3 pounds gain 2, lose 4 pounds gain 3, two steps forward and one step back. I figure in the end as long as I'm losing that's all that matters!
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm always gaining more than I lose :-( but at least its comforting that I not solely gaining
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Been there done that:mad: Actually the last 2 weeks have been like a freaking yo-yo. For me its seems when I start to exercise more the weight just sticks ,Im hoping it muscle building and I am seeing things tighten up . I think maybe being only 5 lbs from goal my body is telling me to frig off :laugh: What has helped me in the past is to bump up cal intake ,when I tried to stick to the 1200 no weight came off at all then I bumped it up to 1400 and approx 1600 on workout days and lost 25 lbs in 3 months .
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Eat! Seriously - look at your food diary. You under-eat most days. Add sodium and sugar to your log. I think you'll find that white carbs like white bread and sugary cereal are not helping. Ditto the deli lunch meats - loaded with sodium. Eat more GOOD calories - lean proteins, fruits, and more veggies. Good luck!
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    :happy: SWEET! Thanks for the advice. I'll try to do eat more... and try not to feel bad about it!
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is your exercise routine like?

I just checked your diary; your calorie intake is low but the quality of foods need tweaking a little.
    Try less dairy products, cut the pizza and McDonalds, cut the bacon etc...

You're eating well on some days and poor on some. Keep it consistent.

Let us know if you notice a difference in a couple weeks or 3.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow yeah I just looked at your diary and yeah u are definately not eating enough . I did the exact same thing in the beginning and it doesn't work , u r mind tells u workout out and not eat there's noway I can not lose weight but your body will do the exact opposite just to piss u off :smile:
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    Yep the McDonald's day was extremely rare for me LOL... and I exercised as soon as I ate the last bite. I've been doing 45 min of Jillian Micheals every day and on tues days and thurs I have a basketball class where I scrimmage for 40 min. I also throw in some running here and there and on occasion I lift.
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    u r mind tells u workout out and not eat there's noway I can not lose weight but your body will do the exact opposite just to piss u off :smile:

Figures it would work that way!

Any suggestions on how to up my calorie intake the HEALTHY way?
    I'm a college student with little money and even the bread on my diary that you see was free from my boyfriends family lol. So if you have any cheap ideas for me it would be much appreciated :happy:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    eat! if you want your metabolism to burn, you have to fuel it or it's going to stall out.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I buy fruit and vegetable at a little mom and pop shop. It is alot cheeper than anywhere else. Maybe try to learn to cook with beans, they are cheap....but perso I have trouble with that. Good luck
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Make sure your net doesn't drop below 1200 calories! There are some serious low days there where your body only had 500 calories to function on and that is just not good!
  • babytmarie27
    Options
    Aww I sorry Coley. Make sure you are weighing yourself at a consistent time of day. I weigh myself in the morning after I get up and before I consume anything. Our weight fluctuates throughout the day and week. Its best to only weigh yourself once a week. Sometimes I do it half way through to make sure I dont need to make any adjustments. Make sure u r eating enough too. Some high cal healthy foods are nuts, natural peanut butter, u could try buying some whey protein its like $10-14 but its huge and lasts forever, mix it with some milk and whatever else and you have a protein drink that adds a 200-300 calories without feeling stuffed.
  • JuniorTaitt
    JuniorTaitt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    u r mind tells u workout out and not eat there's noway I can not lose weight but your body will do the exact opposite just to piss u off :smile:

Figures it would work that way!

Any suggestions on how to up my calorie intake the HEALTHY way?
    I'm a college student with little money and even the bread on my diary that you see was free from my boyfriends family lol. So if you have any cheap ideas for me it would be much appreciated :happy:

I go to a cheap food shop (some ppl say its minky to go there but who cares lol)
    I buy staples in bulk, like fish, chicken breast, veg, fruit, ya know, the main foods.
    I then carefully select what i'd like to season it with, i find its usually the garnishes, the sauces, the creams, the cheese and such that cause most trouble.

I can't tell ya how to cook it all cuz i suck at cooking, i usually throw it all in a pot and hope for the best.
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone... Today I'm going to eat more I promise :-)
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Eat! Seriously - look at your food diary. You under-eat most days. Add sodium and sugar to your log. I think you'll find that white carbs like white bread and sugary cereal are not helping. Ditto the deli lunch meats - loaded with sodium. Eat more GOOD calories - lean proteins, fruits, and more veggies. Good luck!

I agree with everything this says... eat more! But put good food into your body :)
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you aren't eating enough calories. Ways to add healthy calories. Nuts are great. Walnuts and almonds are probably going to be the best for you. Do you like avocados? They are loaded with calories but have healthy fats and are so yummy. You should probably add some more fruits. You could cut up and apple and put some almond or peanut butter on it. That is usually one of my favorites. I am a huge cheese freak, so I like string cheese which is great after workouts. Greek yogurt is good for you. It has more protein than regular yogurt. Just don't eat processed or other junk food to get those calories in. Although a nice piece of dark chocolate is good too. Love my dark chocolate.