Weight Loss Stalled

Options
I just completed day 36 of P90x (the workout) and have only lost 5lbs.. I have been watching calories. My daily goal is 1700-1800 calories. I do vary what I take in in calories to between 1700-2100 calories per day. Heavy on the lean protein and veggies, plus drinking 160 oz. of water per day (and other beverages). I am 5 foot 11 inches and weight 175. Two years ago I lost 50lbs. I have back issues so in talking with my doctor, I have another 15-20 to go. I am totally toning up (in the first 28 days I lost 8.5 inches from all over my body) and my clothes fit awesome or are too big. However, I get up at 5/5:30am to do the 1 hour (sometime pluss) workouts and am still not making progress on my weight loss goals. I am also cranky and some days I feel kind of wimpy. Taking in more calories seems counter intuitive to me. what am I doing wrong? My husband keeps saying that I need ot be patient as we can see my flab turning to muscle. Thoughts?

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of my weight with 'Power90'...I lost 22 lbs and 16.5"...

I started P90X LEAN on March 7 - and I'm on Day 36 as of today - So far I have only lost 5 lbs from March 7 to April 5.

You may start seein' some results closer to Day 60 and beyond.

:happy:
  • Gretchen70
    Gretchen70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if I am "Bonking" - I tried upping my carbs/calories a little as I was eating about 15 00 calories per day. Did you encounter this?
  • Gretchen70
    Gretchen70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It is weird! I lost 5lbs. in weeks 3 and 6. Now I am down a total of 10 lbs. I wonder if there is a reason that it is the third week and I do not lose in between? It is usually that time of the month that I am at my heaviest. We'll have to see if it continues. :)
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    8.5 inches, and 10 lbs,,,,I think you need to just keep chugging along and be patient,,,,,you're not stalling, its just alternating between inches and the scale...sounds like you're doing fine, just need another dose of patience :flowerforyou: