Today is the 1st day of my long journey!!

Options
Good morning. This is something very new for me. I am usually a very private do it myself kinda person. Thats probably one of the reasons I am the weight I am now. But I was reading some of the posts on here and the support seems amazing. :happy:
I have had a rough past 6 months and found out yesterday after getting on the scale that I have put on quite a bit of weight during this time. I decided right there it is time to do something about it. So here I am starting my long much needed weight los journey today. I know this is not going to be quick or easy so any support would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day. Darci :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You'll love the site, it's amazing! It keeps me accountable and on the right track. Feel free to add me if you'd like :happy:
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Welcome! I too am usually very private & always want to do things on my own, so we have that in common :) Feel free to add me as friend & that way we can support & encourage eachother on here
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Same here! Been on here less than a week, and the site is WONDERFUL!! Add me, too! :)
  • driscollmc
    Options
    you can do it!!! this site is amazing, it's like i'm addicted to something new, and it's not food anymore haha :) feel free to add me as well!
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You will love this site. I am addicted. Feel free to add me as well. Good luck!
  • dinichols
    dinichols Posts: 37
    Options
    Same here too. I have been trying on my own for awhile and its lose 3 and gain 5! Decided 3 days ago enough is enough. Time to be serious. I've never asked for friends on here before but from what I am reading that is a key to keeping with it so please add me so we can support each other.
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options
    Happy 1st! As in happy 1st day of MFP! I started this site last year and didn't really keep myself accountable, but I finally got on the right track and you can do it too. I try to make sure I hold myself accountable for EVERYTHING I eat, drink, and how much I exercise!

The support on this site is wonderful and I found for myself that making it kind of a competition makes it easier for me.

You can do this!! Get friends and most should support you in your journey!
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I just started as well. It's been 5 days, and I've lost 1 lb. Please add me as well. I don't have any friends yet :cry: We can be "uncomfortably candid" together! :happy:
  • paschtat85
    Options
    Hi Darci ~

WELCOME!!! Today is my 11th day on my journey or adventure....and I have never felt better physically and mentally. I have a long road ahead of me and am so happy that I have my fittness pals to support along the way. I have had a few tough days too where I wasn't under my goal - but I keep at it and log everything that I eat and know I will do this.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
    Have a great Monday!!!
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Welcome!!! if you need support anyone can add me!!! :)
  • SherriFinch
    SherriFinch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can also check out transformationroad.com the site is under construction but there are links to a video & weight loss blog. Sean has lost 275 pounds there are some great motivational tips on the blog & video. Good luck! This is the first day I've bee on this site it is filled with great info.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Welcome!!! You'll find tons of support and motivation at MFP! We are all doing the same thing - opting for a healthy lifestyle. You can do it!
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! This site is amazing!