good tasting protien powder suggestions

Options
jocelyne2
jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
Hey everyone !!!! Ok so everytime I turn around and buy a protien powder they totally suck and taste like crap The latest was weider 90 % Omg feel like Im gonna puke and takes everything to get it down NASTY CRAP . There was only one kind I did like which was whey gourmet and I can't find it in stores anymore grrrrrr. I need suggestion on other kinds that taste good and can be purchased in stores in canada or ebay .... PLEASE PLEASE HELP . :sad:

Replies

• hsquared87
    Options
    I love the Arbonne protein power in chocolate. It is very gentle on my somach and to me tastes almost like chocolate milk. I mix it with more water than it says but I probley have one everyday. Also my friend swears by the vanilla Arbonne protein power.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of EAS chocolate soy protein from walmart!!!
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    Syntha 6 is the best...and it mixes well with water....I use the vanilla ice cream flavor.........and you can use it pre work out or post work out.............can buy it online cheaper than the stores.........
  • crystal10584
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6. The chocolate peanut butter tastes like liquid peanut butter cups... and the strawberry milkshake is pretty good too.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    Syntha 6 is the best...and it mixes well with water....I use the vanilla ice cream flavor.........and you can use it pre work out or post work out.............can buy it online cheaper than the stores.........

if you go to vitamin shoppe, they online price match. I get it for about $27 for a 2.9 lb canister.
  • timlover38
    timlover38 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If money is not an option, Muscle Milk RTD (ready to drink) taste great because they are bottled at factories with all the yummy good tasting food additives ..etc....just google muscle milk RTD.

Powder, I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Strawberries and Cream..you can buy it at Walmart.

I"ve been a gym rat for years and have tried most of the powders...

This one is the best. It mixes easily with water and is not thick...2 scoops in a 12 oz plastic cup. Proper thickness like a melted mcdonalds shake...thin and easily goes down and it tastes pretty good.
  • tracyklamo
    Options
    Personally I love the GNC Total Lean protein shakes...chocolate and not vanilla! :smile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone !!!! Ok so everytime I turn around and buy a protien powder they totally suck and taste like crap The latest was weider 90 % Omg feel like Im gonna puke and takes everything to get it down NASTY CRAP . There was only one kind I did like which was whey gourmet and I can't find it in stores anymore grrrrrr. I need suggestion on other kinds that taste good and can be purchased in stores in canada or ebay .... PLEASE PLEASE HELP . :sad:

Just buy the flavourless variety and make it taste like what you want...

I think most protein powders taste horrific myself so I totally understand where you are coming from.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition chocolate peanut butter - YUM!
  • JNikki1980
    JNikki1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best protein powder I have found on the market is by Healthy Performance. I am not sure if they have locations outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, BUT, I am pretty sure that you can order it online: http://www.edulinkinc.com/HealthyPerformance/ They are kind of expensive, but are in line with higher end natural protein powders. Like you, I have searched high and low for a "good" protein powder that doesn't (for lack of a better word) suck. A friend of mine had me try some of their vanilla and chocolate powders last year when I was desperately seeking a "good" protein powder during training for a marathon. I can honestly say that they do taste pretty good, do not have the disgusting after taste, and they are all natural. I will never buy a different protein powder again.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm using a store brand from my grocer in vanilla and I love it. However, I never mix it with water, instead I sprinkle it into my oatmeal in the morning and/or mix it with almond milk or skim milk for an after workout drink.

I don't think I would like much of anything mixed with just water.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've just started trying protein powders too. I ordered a protein powder sampler pack from netrition.com for $18. It comes with 14 different types/flavor combos. Maybe that could help you find one you like. I'm sure other companies have similar sample packs too. So far I tried one and I couldn't get it to disolve all the way, so it ended up crunchy. Maybe I just didn't stir long enough?
  • pmorrison101
    Options

if you go to vitamin shoppe, they online price match. I get it for about $27 for a 2.9 lb canister.
  • pmorrison101
    Options

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of EAS chocolate soy protein from walmart!!!

The Vanilla is very good too!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    MaxMuscle Lean Protein mix. Comes in Vanilla, chocolate mousse, and strawberry cheesecake. I buy the vanilla and then add sugar free pudding powder to it for different flavors.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ....You may have saved me from visiting Mr. Crane :laugh: