Small Goals equal Big Success! Need to lose 169 lbs!

Options
Just wondering if anyone out there is in this with me! This is going to be quite the journey, but I am starting out with watching calories and walking. I would love to hear your success tips too!!!!! I've gone up and down so many times, but have recently gained 30 lbs back. Enough is enough!!!! I'm tired of being tired and I don't want to resort to the surgery method, so this is my go at it! I also have two very young kiddos (ages 3&5) and I want them to be healthy in life as well! We all know kids do as their shown, not as their told! It's time for me to step it up!

Can't wait to hear from you!!!!

Also - a GREAT book that is helping me on this journey is called, Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst ---- I highly recommend it!

Replies

• homemom05
    homemom05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Walking and cutting back is a great way to start. I remember a couple of years ago, I decided to start walking and counting the calories and within three weeks I was down 12 lbs and I could tell a big difference in my pants. Great way to start! I'm wishing you luck.
  • SherriFinch
    SherriFinch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out transformationroad.com the site is under construction but there is a blog link & website you can click on. Sean Anderson has lost 275 pounds lots of good motivational tips on his blog & video. Good luck with your journey!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think that is what is best about MFP. You don't jump right into an ultra low diet, you gradually change your intake to adjust as you lose. Best of luck and you are not alone.
  • lpm3925
    lpm3925 Posts: 39
    Options
    Stay positive! i know the challange. I started off having to loose 143 pounds! I started 7 weeks ago weighing 318lbs. I'm down to 289 this morning. My wife started at 292 and is at 273 this morning. A few things that we do:

1) Drink only water, and lots of it! I drink about 150oz per day
    2) Eat within 1 hour of waking up.
    3) Eat small meals throughout the day.
    4) Religiously, maybe even stricter, count and log here on MFP! It make syou so aware. Stay under your daily amount everyday just a bit.
    5) Take a good suppliment once daily.
    5) Work out 6 days per week, 30min-60min per day. I do Power 90. You need to do strength and cardio, alternate days.
    7) Eat your last meal of teh day 3 hours before bed time.