Which scale??

Options
Okay, I'm sure there have been several posts similar to this in the past, but is there an accurate, AFFORDABLE scale out there? This weekend I bought a "Thinner" brand (made by Conair) at Bed Bath & Beyond, and it's going back! It's given me 6 vastly different readings the six times I've stepped on it. Suggestions welcomed.

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    What time of day did you step on it. Your weight fluctuates on a daily basis (can be up to 5lbs!). I can step on the scale first thing in the morning and get one reading then step on it an hour later and get a different reading. I can step on it in the evening and and have it read 3lbs higher than the morning.

Best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after you wake up and after you go to the bathroom. With no clothes and do it the same time each week (or day).

But don't expect it to read the exact same each time.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i bought one at wal-mart i like its about 50 its a health-o-meter works great
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I love my weight watcher scales that I purchased at Target. Love these scales.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I agree, do it first thing in the morning after bathroom and wearing what you do the time before; I can get on the scale just minutes later and it will not show the same thing - a lot has to do with positioning of scale, position of your body as you stand on it - etc..if you just bought it this past weekend and already tried 6 different times then I would have to think they were all different times of the day maybe? if I'm wrong I apologize, but as was posted, even if they were back to back weights, they are going to fluctuate for many reasons.
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    I bought and returned several. I decided that the "Omron HBF-516" was the scale that would give me the biggest bang for my buck. I've had it for over 6 months and love it. I ordered mine from Newegg.com and it cost me $80 delivered to my door.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    What time of day did you step on it. Your weight fluctuates on a daily basis (can be up to 5lbs!). I can step on the scale first thing in the morning and get one reading then step on it an hour later and get a different reading. I can step on it in the evening and and have it read 3lbs higher than the morning.

Best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after you wake up and after you go to the bathroom. With no clothes and do it the same time each week (or day).

I weigh myself at the same time in the morning, and the scale is on a flat, concrete surface. I had a hunch that it was wrong, since it showed that I had lost 4 pounds the day after I was officially weighed at the doctor. I tried six readings within 5 minutes, and got six different weights...the closest of which was 3 pounds under the doctor's reading. The worst was 11 pounds off.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the same time in the morning, and the scale is on a flat, concrete surface. I had a hunch that it was wrong, since it showed that I had lost 4 pounds the day after I was officially weighed at the doctor. I tried six readings within 5 minutes, and got six different weights...the closest of which was 3 pounds under the doctor's reading. The worst was 11 pounds off.

My wife's digital scale will do the same thing. I have seen as much as a 20 lb difference between stepping off and getting back on. I just use my free analog scale as it provides me with consistent results.
  • Xanadar
    Xanadar Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a Health O Meter scale. I think it cost around $35. Its a really good scale. It not only gives me my weight, but also my hydration level and my body fat percentage. I have my "official" weigh in once a week, in the morning, after wake up and bathroom. I am addicted to weighing myself, and will step on the scale three or more times a day. My weight can show a five or even six pounds difference from morning to evening. You will weigh more at night than you do in the morning, and it is normal to have different readings from your scale at different times of day.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'd just got with a basic dial scale, they're $7 at walmart and always seem accurate to me
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a Health-O-Meter with the glass foot area. Got it at Wal-Mart but im sure you can find it else were. I find it very accurate
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

The Drs will always be different than a home scale there,s is always checked by the outside group of weights and measures. also you did not step immediately from your scale to the Drs scale and your not dressed the same. So you need to go by your scale for your personal weight loss and the Drs for their records.