kettlebells

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried kettlebells and if you really get a good workout??? and what was the difference you see?? does it build muscle or just tone?

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Kettlebell Bombshell and it will be my first time using kettlebells. I read a post earlier about cardio not doing as much as strength training, so I am increasing my strength training.
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    They can be a great workout. The advantages are that they give you a great deal of flexability in your movements. They are also easy to store and relatively inexpensive. I use them as part of my overall fitness program. But they are only as good as the amount of work you put into them.
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my kettlebell!

I have an 8 lb one from Danskin that came with a workout DVD. They really wind you but are really effective if you have the proper form.

Also, I've been told that they burn anywhere from 10-20 calories a minute.
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    But they are only as good as the amount of work you put into them.

Very true.

I find that between Kettlebells and running, I get all the workout I need. Kettlebells provide a very dense workout because they work on your flexibility, cardio and strenth-training all at once.
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor so you can track your progress (and your calories burned). I have burned more than a thousand calories in less than half an hour with Kettlebells. That's intense!
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    I love my adjustable Kettle Bell. I actually look forward to my strength training using it. It is all about proper form, to get maximum results. YOUTube has a lot of instructional videos. I get a great workout doing Shred it with weights, by Jillian.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i have a kettlebell dvd that i have used in the past...it must work, because i usually can't move the next day because i'm so sore!
  • merriedawn
    Options
    thanks everyone for the replies. i usually get on the treadmill. so i think i will combine the two and see what happens. thanks again for the helpful information.
  • emaeder
    emaeder Posts: 2
    Options
    i have a kettlebell dvd that i have used in the past...it must work, because i usually can't move the next day because i'm so sore!

I agree! I can't walk, run, sit, anything the next day...but I sure feel good right after...like it actually did something!