Big chest in need of a good sports bra

Options
I have a big chest and am needing a good sports bra. I tried to do jumping jacks and almost took out my eye lol j/k Does anyone have the same issues and found a good one?

Replies

• breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Same here, would love to see the suggestions.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Fiona by Moving Comfort is a life saver! I got mine on Amazon. I did one cup size smaller than I actually where and the girls don't move! It is a bit of a wiggle to get it on a cup size smaller, but really worth it!

I just got the Helena by Moving Comfort too. Works well, but not as great as the Fiona. I heard the Enell and Shock Absorber bras are great too.
  • stephierae25
    Options
    I have this issue as well. I got my sports bra at walmart with a underwire. It seemed to help some. I not really sure what else I can do to strap them down unless I wear one with out the wire over the other one?!?!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I currently wear two ill-fitting sports bras - both too small. It really does the trick! I plan on shopping for a better fitting bra after I lose a few more pounds. Enell or Shock Absorber are supposed to be good ones.
  • DeboMcD7
    DeboMcD7 Posts: 6
    Options
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! Me too! I bought my sports bra (cheap, b/c I do not plan on being this size long) & wear it over my regular bra for double support...works like a charm! Good luck!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    There are some pretty awesome ones at WalMart right now that I'll be getting on payday. (I have your problem too... lol) I'm blanking the brand name right now, but they're 'sturdier' than most (if you know what I mean) and there's even one style that comes with an underwire... you should go check them out.
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try looking at titlenine.com or championusa.com-- both have lots of great options! I love the Champion Powersleek bra, but there are many others that are also good, and these sites will help you identify the ones that are best for you.
  • ahight28
    ahight28 Posts: 13
    Options
    I found a good one at Victoria's Secret. You can actually get them by your bra size and they really hold you down! I also have another one that is a different brand that works pretty well, but I will have to check it to see which brand it is..... Honestly, sometimes I have to wear my regular bra under the sports bra to minimize the bouncing while running or doing jumping jacks and cardio.....
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I war 2 bras when running or doing any other cardio exercises. Champion are pretty good and cheap specially when there's a sale. I wear my size on one and the top one a size smaller to hold them in place.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i have a shock absorber bra (started at 44DD) and would not change it for the world - worth every penny - and sad to have wasted $$ on others before I found this one!
  • txagyoung
    Options
    I have also had issues with working out with a bigger chest. Moving Comfort makes some really great bras, and they have different styles depending on your size and needs (compression, non-compression, very adjustable straps). You should check it out: www.movingcomfort.com. I have the Maia and the Fiona and have been very pleased. Good luck!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If t here is a miracle one that hold for cardio and jumping let me know…mine is just OK and not cheap.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    I have a Champion bra that I got at a running store. It's one of the few that has bra sizes, not just SMLXL. It's a little pricy at $40 but well worth it. I love mine :)

http://tinyurl.com/3gz26zj
  • internetgal22
    Options
    I bought one a zellers, pretty good. But i am using still double bra at the gym. PS if u have big breasts, stay away from the one-piece ones. Opt for ones with underwire and ur cup size.
  • Akras211
    Akras211 Posts: 9
    Options
    www.titlenine.com has fantastic sports bras and every day bras, for all sizes. They are the only company I've found that acknowledges that just because a bra is made in your size, doesn't mean it is effective for your size. The use a barbell rating to tell you what sizes each bra is best for. You'll probably want to search for bras with 4 barbells.
  • zilchie
    zilchie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm quite large and I have a couple that work very well for me. I happen to work at Title 9 so I get to try on a lot of bras that they carry. My favorite right now is by CWX, it's called the TMT at Title 9. My other favorites are called the Seven Wonders and Three Reasons, these are both made by Moving Comfort. Here's a link to the online catalog.
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/medium-high-impact-sports-bras.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=all

Good luck! It takes a little work to find the right bra, but when it does it makes exercise soooo much better!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I also wear two. One regular fitting underwire and a smarller sports bra over it. It does the trick. Especially if you don't want to spend a lot of cheese.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Look for a bra that says it's for high impact work outs. I got one at arie and before that I had a champion one. Might have to drop $30+ on a decent work out bra but it makes a big difference.
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump, to read later.