Nice to meet me!

Options
Hello everyone!

Me and my wife recently joined the site and have already been using it religously so I decided it was time to get into the community.

My life story in a nutshell:
Born in CA, played high school sports, joined the Marines, decided it was to much work to keep the weight off and let go. Now I'm wanting to get back to those weights that I didn't know I would miss. I went from 160lbs in High School/Military life to 240 lbs since 2004!
As far as work goes I'm a full time photographer so I need my energy back if I'm gonna keep up with my clients!
I currently operate out of Houston, TX but plan to eventually move back to good ol' CA!

Replies

• loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    welcome to you and your wife :-) im newer too. and i must say i love this site and i think i will progress well with it. alot of people in the same boat with us. it is nice to know that someone else is going thru the same thing and needs support just as well... feel free to add me as a friend... we will do this :-)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
  • geonote
    geonote Posts: 12
    Options
    Also from Houston. Take the bicycle, hit the parks in the mornings and evenings! Good luck here and try to get out and change your lifestyle!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    Welcome to both of you and I wish you both much success here :happy: I joined in Febuary and have loved it!!!! The support from friends going through the same thing is wonderful and I think will really help.

Pam :flowerforyou:
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! As you know this is a good site. Many have come to join our ranks of good health. Add me if you like and good luck!!
  • mazimoo79
    Options
    hi, im maz, living in littlehampton, england, aka not so sunny La, would love to get to know people and share encouragement as we lose weight.xxx :happy: :happy:
  • mazimoo79
    Options
    hi, im maz, living in littlehampton, england, aka not so sunny La, would love to get to know people and share encouragement as we lose weight.xxx :happy: :happy:
  • hernandezjt
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :)
  • makrain
    makrain Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello and Welcome hernandezjt :)

I am actually his wife, who as he mentioned, we just joined! I am excited to be able to do this with my family, and see how much being healthy matters to our family.