DARN SALAD DRESSING!

Options
I am getting very frustrated with my salad dressing! The calories in 2 or 3 tbs of dressing are almost as much as the salad! GGRRRRRRRR:explode: I love yummy dressing on my salad and really don't want to go without it! HELP!!!!

Replies

• bdtaylor2009
    Options
    I use salsa
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wishbone salad spritzers are a life saver. I love the Ranch vinagrette!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I use salsa

Me too!! So much better for you and you can eat a bunch for so few calories.
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    My grandma always puts oil and vinegar on hers. You may have to check the calories on the oil, but I think it usually winds up being less than the dressing.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I eat my salad plain - with no dressin at all...Its plain - but it seems to work :laugh:

I see some use lemon juice as a toppin ...
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I just go without it!
    But there are options such as just adding vinegar, for example, or low-fat yogurt, fresh herbs....
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Kraft Fat Free French.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Try the having the dressing on the side and just dip your fork into the dressing.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Put the dressing on the side and dip your fork in with each bite. You'll eat considerably less.
  • goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have all but abandoned salad dressings and do not miss them. My favorite thing is just squeezing half a lemon on it. It's GREAT!!! And little to no calories!!
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Putting just an eency weency bit, might work, too, making do with almost no dressing....
  • mysticqueen
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing. I got the chunky blue cheese and it tastes almost like Roquefort and it only has 4.5 grams of fat per 2tbsp
  • drsellers
    Options
    Fat free Raspberry Vinaigrette is Yummy!
    sometimes I mix a bit of Fat free ranch with salsa and that is tasty also.
  • ashle1244
    Options
    i use wishbone spray ranch 2 calories a spray.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I also use salsa or balsamic vinegar.

If you must have dressing, I find the old dip the fork trick to be the best for me. I don't ever just put dressing on a salad any more - always dip and bite.
  • getfit20
    getfit20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's delicious and much healthier! If you can't do without the dressings, go for the spritzers. They are only a few calories per spray! :)
  • tenabonnette
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.....I really love ranch dressing and I miss it.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ken's Light Options Salad Dressings are delicious
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love to sprinkle it with red wine vinegar and grated garlic
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is available where you live... but I buy Portman's light Italian dressing... 10 calories per 2 TBS! But it is still high sodium... like all the other salad dressings... a lot of other light salad dressings are under 50 calories for 2 tbs... but if at all possible you do want to go with 'light' instead of 'fat free' because the fat free ones generally add sugar instead... How do you feel about mustard? I've not tried this yet... but maybe whip up some spicy brown mustard with some laughing cow cheese with a little vinegar to thin it out?