Seriously this time...

Options
Hi everyone!

I am trying to lose about 30 pounds, and I really, really, really want to stick with it this time. I am a sucker for the latest "fad diet" I have done Atkins, vegetarianism, weight watchers, calorie counting, juice fast, detox, abs diet etc., etc. I always tend to go back to good old calorie restriction and exercise though.

My problem is that I can not seem to stick with anything long enough. I get bored with diets quickly, and I quit. Also, my wonderful husband can eat anything he wants and he never gains weight! And if he does gain a little bit of weight, he just goes to the gym, like once, and "ta da" he's skinny again. Me...I look at a piece of candy and an extra chin appears.

So I need to learn to not give in to cravings, and to duct tape my mouth shut after 7:00 at night so I wont snack. I am really hoping that I can find support on this website, and be accountable to something and finally start to lose weight!

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Men are so lucky. Most of the guys I've met can eat an enormous meal and their abs will just become more defined. Not that it's a bad thing ;-)

At least now you know better than to follow fad diets. The quick fix is always tempting, but none of them are sustainable. Good luck on your journey!
  • 78_kasia
    78_kasia Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, your story sounds so familiar.
    My husband is a bottomless pit when it comes to eating and he won't gain an ounce of weight.
    Its so frustrating because I can look at food and gain weight.

Good Luck. See you on here.
  • Lisabelle24
    Options
    Thanks girls!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Lisa I have been there! but you can do it and if you need a motivation buddy add me
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    ya this is me exactly! nice to know its not just me! :) except my husband needs to lose about 50lbs. he tends to slack off which makes me want to slack off too. I am great with exercise, but horrible at dieting and i always tend to say "i can eat that, I worked out today!" which is really only true if you are at a weight you would like to maintain. I too, would like to lose 30 lbs...heres to keeping to it this time around. We can all support each other!!!
  • tree1984
    tree1984 Posts: 29
    Options
    I feel the exact same. I am always jumping on the band wagon of the latest diet fads.. I lose weight then I gain it back. Add me we can support each other!!
  • Lisabelle24
    Options
    Jamielynn...I am the same as you with exercise. I actually run a few times a week, I do step aerobics, weights at the gym, etc. LOL and then I do the same thing as you with the diet. It's like "hmmmmm I worked out for 30 minutes, I should be able to eat this cheese burger, fries, milkshake, and a pie, with extra lard on the side, and still break even." hahaha

Ok, so we have to support each other and make this happen! We have to honestly post everything we eat, and then we'll take turns beating each other when we go over our calories for the day. Beatings always boost morale :)