Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Good morning everyone - it seems we've added several to our group - Welcome again to all of you!

So my week so far - dairy daily, water daily, greens daily, cardio - not enough!!, nuts daily!

Wish me luck - I am going out of town for rest of the week so I'll be limited on my posting and surrounded by men - really I'll be the only female in my group of co-workers so our dinner choices will be a challenge for me. I will do great - I will be smart!! Come too far to blow it now!
  • ladybug2
    Options
    Good Morning All,Chrissyh I know you will do well its really nice talking about our daily challenges it help s my motivation I need to excercise more and just fight this arthiritis . Talk you later:smile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Arthritis - ouch! I've been fighting heal spurs - I live in "Crocs" they really help.

Hang in there - we can do it!!!!:glasses:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!:happy:

I ate some chex mix yesterday to get the nuts and was picking out the nuts to eat. I got in my water, dairy, and greens. Did not get in my cardio. I'm so lazy. I have a WII Fit and am to lazy to even work out on that. I will get to this exercise thing eventually.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Later.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning all I have been doing ok with dairy, greens and 1/2 my water goal Exercise now that's a different story!! My back is still uncooperative but I'm on the mend. I will not be taking part in the 'nuts' challenge part due to lack of exercise cals.

I sort of feel that this is my last ditch attempt at staying the course. I will continue to try my best everyday with my personal goals in mind. Again starting a new month with all the fresh intentions.

I am going to try for one solid week:
    elliptical - whatever my back will stand
    walking 20 minutes
    eating mindfully - following Canada Health Food Guidelines
    Stay away from sweets and stay within daily calorie limit.

Have a good day everyone.

Heather
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Good morning all I have been doing ok with dairy, greens and 1/2 my water goal Exercise now that's a different story!! My back is still uncooperative but I'm on the mend. I will not be taking part in the 'nuts' challenge part due to lack of exercise cals.

I sort of feel that this is my last ditch attempt at staying the course. I will continue to try my best everyday with my personal goals in mind. Again starting a new month with all the fresh intentions.

I am going to try for one solid week:
    elliptical - whatever my back will stand
    walking 20 minutes
    eating mindfully - following Canada Health Food Guidelines
    Stay away from sweets and stay within daily calorie limit.

Have a good day everyone.

Heather

Heather - you can do it! We've had several reports of pains from several of us. I find the more I lose the less I ache. I chalk it up to less stress on my body. Do what you can - and if you find you can't exercise, keep eating right. We'll all get there in our time. At least we all see our need to do it. I am struggling with time for exercise - stressful week with going away.

Go Tweeners, Go Tweeners, Hey Hey Go Tweeners--Hoot Hoot!! Can't you see me in a cheerleader's outfit - NOT in this lifetime! Only back in the day...........
  • Benson
    Options
    thanks for the encouraging words. I too think that with less of me to carry around I will have less pain. I am going to defy the aging process!! Today I am going to walk outside I can't believe the weather. I live in Northern Ontario and its currently 7 C so I'll be taking advantage of that bright blue sky - if its still out when I get out of work!

My little baby boy is turning 16 on Thursday. How did that happen? He was just born!! Now he's talking about driving and eeek dating! What happened to the icky girl germs??
    Lucky for me he wants a chocolate cake and thats the only kind I dont like!!! Unlucky for me he also wants chicken parmesan and I love it. - Portion control and and extra hour walk should get me through.

Heather
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well Happy Birthday Mom! My daughter turned 16 in February - not sure about where you are in Canada but that mean drivers license here in North Carolina. Also her first "real" boyfriend". We've survived this far-we'll keep kickin'!

I love chicken parm too - I grill my chicken so it's not as bad as fried and breaded. YUMMY!
  • Benson
    Options
    I know I'll get through but can I really afford any new white hairs - not really!! I live on the shore of Lake Superior. And yes 16 means learners permit here in Ontario. They gradually get their full license I think by the time their 17 or 18? At least I'll be more 'seasoned' by the time my daughter hits that stage. She's the more outgoing - social butterfly of the two. Well apparently my work isnt going to disappear so I better get at it!!

Take Care
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    thanks for the encouraging words. I too think that with less of me to carry around I will have less pain. I am going to defy the aging process!! Today I am going to walk outside I can't believe the weather. I live in Northern Ontario and its currently 7 C so I'll be taking advantage of that bright blue sky - if its still out when I get out of work!

My little baby boy is turning 16 on Thursday. How did that happen? He was just born!! Now he's talking about driving and eeek dating! What happened to the icky girl germs??
    Lucky for me he wants a chocolate cake and thats the only kind I dont like!!! Unlucky for me he also wants chicken parmesan and I love it. - Portion control and and extra hour walk should get me through.

Heather

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Good Morning Everyone!! It's so nice to see how many people we have now!!

I'm doing pretty good this week,

Dairy: Yogurt Every Day
    Water: 64 oz Daily
    Greens: I haven't had a salad everyday, but I've made sure to have a green veggie with dinner
    Exercise: 30 min on the elliptical p/day (the time change has helped me out!)
    MUFAs: I have my snack baggie everyday (1/2 between brekky & lunch; 1/2 between lunch & dinner)

I'm feeling pretty good this week:bigsmile:

I hope all you guys are wonderful! And HAPPY ELECTION DAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • tookieb
    Options
    I just wanted to chyme in here and make a point for you guys about nuts :happy: They are indeed a great source of MUFAs but they are not terribly bio-available without some preparation. Nut butters are good but if you're eating raw nuts, it's best to soak them for a few hours before you're going to eat them. It's also important to chew them VERY well so that your body can actually absorb all the goodness they have to offer!
    What is "bio-abailable" and what does soaking the nuts do?
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    I just wanted to chyme in here and make a point for you guys about nuts :happy: They are indeed a great source of MUFAs but they are not terribly bio-available without some preparation. Nut butters are good but if you're eating raw nuts, it's best to soak them for a few hours before you're going to eat them. It's also important to chew them VERY well so that your body can actually absorb all the goodness they have to offer!

I think that means they are difficult to digest. Soaking them would make them softer, therefore easier for our bodies to absorb the nutrient??
  • tookieb
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Michele and I've been a MFP member for a couple of months. I've seen your "tweeners" thread a few times but never really looked carefully, I did today and realized that I fit your mandate.

Current weight =163 Pounds
    Goal weight =110 pounds

I am only 5'1" tall so this is not an unrealistic weight for me:happy:

I am starting the "One Hundred Pushups" challenge today and I have been (not faithfully but trying) to get in 3 Tony Horton Ten Minute Trainer workouts a day. My hubby told me last night that he would start doing the TMT cardio workouts with me after the kids go to bed 8-9 o'clock. This is a little late but I may try to do some in the AM before the kids get up. My hubby also teases me that if I spent as much time working out as I spend on MFP I would be skinny already:laugh: .

I hope to find great support here. I like this nut challenge as I could live on trail mix. Is it ok if there are dried fruit in with the nuts ( I don't have just plain nuts)?

Oh and can someone please explain the point of a "blog" I am somewhat challenged in that department (I don't do chat rooms either). Is a blog for me to keep track of myself or do other people on her actually bother to read other peoples' blog? Is this where I would post my progress for others to see or would I do that on this genreal thread?

Sorry about all the questions but I figured I would get them all out of the way at once. Thanks again for any help my MFP family can give me.
  • tookieb
    Options

I think that means they are difficult to digest. Soaking them would make them softer, therefore easier for our bodies to absorb the nutrient??
    Ah, makes sense thank you. Oops sorry about the spelling, "abailable":noway:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Michele and I've been a MFP member for a couple of months. I've seen your "tweeners" thread a few times but never really looked carefully, I did today and realized that I fit your mandate.

Goal weight =110 pounds

I am starting the "One Hundred Pushups" challenge today and I have been (not faithfully but trying) to get in 3 Tony Horton Ten Minute Trainer workouts a day. My hubby told me last night that he would start doing the TMT cardio workouts with me after the kids go to bed 8-9 o'clock. This is a little late but I may try to do some in the AM before the kids get up. My hubby also teases me that if I spent as much time working out as I spend on MFP I would be skinny already:laugh: .

I hope to find great support here. I like this nut challenge as I could live on trail mix. Is it ok if there are dried fruit in with the nuts ( I don't have just plain nuts)?

Oh and can someone please explain the point of a "blog" I am somewhat challenged in that department (I don't do chat rooms either). Is a blog for me to keep track of myself or do other people on her actually bother to read other peoples' blog? Is this where I would post my progress for others to see or would I do that on this genreal thread?

Sorry about all the questions but I figured I would get them all out of the way at once. Thanks again for any help my MFP family can give me.

We are glad to have you! Blogs are kind of like your online journal and yes people do read them.

We are all NUTS - and any way you get yours is fine - in a mix, as a "Butter" roasted raw, salted, etc. I am only eating about 1/2 - 1 oz a day as I am not a big nut eater and it's hard to stay in calories and fat if I eat too many.

GUESS WHAT TWEENERS - I hit the 25 pounds lost mark today ! I am soooooooooo HAPPY!

Leaving now....
  • MsNewBooty
    Options

Goal weight =110 pounds

We are glad to have you! Blogs are kind of like your online journal and yes people do read them.

We are all NUTS - and any way you get yours is fine - in a mix, as a "Butter" roasted raw, salted, etc. I am only eating about 1/2 - 1 oz a day as I am not a big nut eater and it's hard to stay in calories and fat if I eat too many.

GUESS WHAT TWEENERS - I hit the 25 pounds lost mark today ! I am soooooooooo HAPPY!

Leaving now....

CONGRATS!! :drinker: :drinker: GREAT JOB!!!!!!:drinker: WAY TO GO!!!!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • tookieb
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo!! 25#'s good for you!!! I can't wait until I see that number:happy:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good job Chrissy!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

I got my dairy in today with yogurt and milk
    Got my greens in with a pear, some peas, and brocolli
    Got half my water in
    Didn't get my nuts in
    Didn't get my exercise in

Well, at least half isn't bad.

Have a good night everyone. Later.:drinker:
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just checking in to let you all know that so far, I'm still doing good. Had a bit of a problem getting my greens yesterday. Do you think Pistachios count as both green and nuts???? Didn't do so good with my water either. I'll do better today. Already eating my dairy!! Banana Cream Pie!!! (God Bless Yoplait!)

So, we're 1/2 way through the week, how's everyone else doing?

All you new tweeners, does it seem like this group is helping so far?