What are some good breakfast ideas?

Options
So I have fallen in love with egg white omeletes..But something new would be good. What are some low calorie breakfast meals? Somewith without bread. Since I cut out all bread...Please share

Replies

• azdiazfamily
    azdiazfamily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, egg whites, protein shake or bar, turkey bacon, turkey sasauge.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    EGG MUGS!!!

You make it all in a mug in the micorwave- so quick and so easy and yummy! Here's a link to different variations:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256

I keep mine easy. Just some veggies & egg beaters. But that's me :)
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been eating yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch! in it to give it added texture and to add fiber to my diet. I also eat cereal that is high in fiber and use 1% low fat milk. I hope this helps :)
  • darnold67
    darnold67 Posts: 36
    Options
    I love the egg white omlets too with spinich and a little salsa. My main breakfast is Chocolate Shakeology with peanut butter! It's really good!
  • emmabee87
    emmabee87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, it still kind of has bread... but I eat whole wheat toaster waffles, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on it and then put some grapes or strawberrys on it. It's kind of like PB&J, but less calories, and keeps me full till lunchtime and it's very quick and easy! (I'm not a morning person!)
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    Instant grits, oatmeal, or fiber one bars
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites with some baby portobello mushrooms, around 120 cal
    I recently discovered Fage 0% fat greek yugert. For 6 oz you get 90 cal, mixed with a tsp of raw honey. I add 1/2 cup of organic hemp plus granola. So totoal is 260 cal but it lasts until late afternoon. :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, great protein to help keep you full! Oatmeal and Cottage cheese are also great!
  • Slinks33
    Slinks33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whey protein mixed with water or even unsweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk or Lower Sugar Quaker Instant Oatmeal mixed with water are a couple of my favorite. Both less than 200 calories and high in protein so you will not be hungry quickly!

Good luck!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal takes 1 min. to prepare in the microwave. Though if you're used to making omelets, steel cut oats made on the stove are even better; or quinoa flakes. Brown rice pudding (made low sugar so less sweet in the morning).
  • Slinks33
    Slinks33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    NICE on the Egg Mugs!!! Thanks!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I found a local butcher shop - good prices. I get lean steak., sliced thin. 2 pieces is 3 oz., 183 cals, 27g protein, 8 g fat... costs about 70 cents. Cooks up really fast, too.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with some fruit!! especially pineapple. good source of protein and so yummy!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    EGG MUGS!!!

You make it all in a mug in the micorwave- so quick and so easy and yummy! Here's a link to different variations:

I have a microwave egg poacher that I do almost the exact same thing in that this site shows! I use egg beaters and just add a little black pepper, a little shredded cheese and I break apart 1 strip of bacon (precooked ... baked) between the two cups. Great way to start my morning! :)
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Youtube: green smoothie girl. Didn't think I would like it and definitely didn't think my kids would love it!
  • ollyollyolly
    ollyollyolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My new favourite is a combination of oats, yoghurt, half a nectarine, couple of grapes and blueberries! Divine...
  • denacutrone
    Options
    i put 1/4 cup egg beaters a little cheese and some veggies in a muffin pan cook at 350 for 30 minutes i usually make a bunch at once and freeze them and then in the morning i zap them for about a minute
    they really come in handy if you are running low on time in the morning
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    EGG MUGS!!!

I keep mine easy. Just some veggies & egg beaters. But that's me :)

OMG! thank you for this ha haha, i want to make this RIGHT NOW lol
  • rharvey75495
    Options
    I see oatmeal suggested by lots of people...you may think that it sounds a little bland...try it this way:

-Cut up a half an apple and heat in the water as it boils
    -then add some apple pie spice, to taste
    -then add a VERY small amount of artificial butter flavoring (I use about an 1/8th of a tsp.)
    -once the apple is as soft as you like it, add in your oat meal
    cook 1 minute (using Quaker 1 min. Oats)
    After you take it off the burner and get it into your bowl add 1/2 tsp. Splenda Brown Sugar blend.

It is mine and my daughter's favorite now... great COMPLEX carbs and decently low calorie. I only use 1/2 the normal serving size for the oatmeal, so that cuts out about 75 calories.

I like it with 2 turkey breakfast sausage patties also sprinkled with another 1/2 tsp of the Slpenda Brown Sugar Blend...it's not exactly maple flavored pork sausage, but as good as it gets for my diet :happy:

Another version to try is to use 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, boiled in the water and when it is done add the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend & 1 T non-fat sour cream...this is wonderful too! (You can still add the butter flavor if you want, but I don't)

You can also add bananas and walnuts, with or without the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend...this is nice because it adds a little crunch.

Happy Breakfast!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I'm not a raw foodie, but raw muesli seriously is all it's cracked up to be (I need to make a batch again sometime soon). Some notes:

- Strive for organic oats. I don't know why but when I got the regular stuff from the store it didn't make me as "regular" as the muesli made with organic oats.
    - Either dry your own fruits or, again, get dehydrated stuff from a whole food source. Regular dehydrated fruits have TONS of added sugar.
    - Make sure your nuts and seeds aren't coated in salt.

When I made this stuff last I started having BMs *every* day (as opposed to every three or so). It was SO filling and it *did* boost my energy. I've just gotten too lazy to trek the half hour to my local natural food co-op and I refuse to pay gobs of money from the big name chain for organic oats.

But, again, should be eaten raw (you soak it overnight in cold milk or juice and it's good by morning) as cooking it just makes it...well...complex oatmeal. :-D I think the raw aspect is what helps with constipation and nutrients aren't cooked out of it.