8 cups of water a day... more bathroom breaks!

Options
JeepBaja
JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
I don't know if this is an issue or not, but after 4 cups of water I find myself having to go to the bathroom a lot more! Now for the most part it has not been a problem at work or at home. I go when I have to go but I find myself saying "again, really?"

I figure this must be normal... but I want to make sure before I consult someone. If it matters even if I eat a lot of food it is clear with no coloration which I figure means not much urine...

Replies

• lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ME tooooo Holly molly! i pee like a trooper it is quite embaressing at work when it is even 15-30 mins LOL
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    What goes in must come out! Lol..Seriously, I drink at least 100 ounces a day. So I hear you loud andclear...BTW Clear is good!
  • laurabeth02
    Options
    Your body will adjust after awhile, hang in there!
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    Totally normal. When I actually get my 8 cups of water in, I have to make sure I'm home. I can't do it when I'm at work. LoL
  • rochelleangel86
    Options
    When I first started drinking lots of water the same thing happened to me. However I notice that the more time that goes by the less I have to go even with the same amount of water...maybe that means I have less toxins now?
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    Oh yeah! I totally want to add in the exercise points for all the walking to the bathroom I do!!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I drank 16 cups on Saturday and I had to go every 15 to 20 minutes. Holy moly, I woke up 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night too.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The lack of color is good. When I used to do a lot of army training in the desert it was your goal to have no color. I am a labor and delivery nurse and we always encourage our patients to drink water until you're clear. Good job, your bladder will adjust and soon you won't have to go as much.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I drink on average 11-13 cups of water a day. I usually pee AT LEAST 10-12 times a day. Totally normal. Today, I drank a gallon (16 cups) and I've been to the bathroom 9 times already and it's not even 8 pm.
  • asmith0301
    asmith0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with this as well, I literally feel like I'm floating, lol! I am hoping once my body gets used to all the water things will calm down.
  • deboyd5004
    deboyd5004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. lol, I try to get 6 cups in at work, and 6 at night. I do extra because I'm still drinking a can of diet soda a day, and always heard that you should drink an extra cup of water for every cup of soda you drink. I hope the bathroom thing slows down too bc I'm a teacher without an aid anywhere near by (none on our hallway). It's a pain trying to get teachers to stand in the hallway while I run to the bathroom 3 times a day. And that's after I go twice on while students are at special and once at lunch. lol.
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    I'd rather pee a lot than be dehydrated, retain water, and not supply my body with enough water to keep things running smoothly. :D
  • stephc71885
    stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i had this when i first started with the water about a month ago also. it gets better. just stay consistent and with time your body will adapt more. i used to pee pretty much hourly during the day but i can go 2-3 hours between breaks now. in addition, clear is excellent. that means you are perfectly hydrated and fewer toxins are being eliminated, meaning you're taking in fewer toxins :)
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually drink an average of 24 glasses a day and the toilet is becoming a good friend lol.
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    i find i am constantly having to go. my bladder seems to be the size of a pea. i have a hard time drinking the 8 glasses of water because my job doesnt always have a washroom readily available so i try not to drink too much before each of my shifts. but my friends say the same about having to go more if they drink alot.