I ran 2.5 miles without stopping!

Options
The me from three years ago would scoff at my current excitement, but I've let my fitness decline since then. But, today (!!!) I ran 2.5 miles without stopping, and I'm pumped!!!!

What have you discovered you can do lately?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    One year ago I couldn't run for 20 seconds... this weekend I ran 8 miles. It's crazy how much you can change in a year!!!!! Congrats on the run.. it's awesome!!!!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Yesterday, I ran 1.5 miles without stopping and i've only been training for about a month - not following any sort of plan, just trying to build endurance on my own!

KEEP IT UP! GOOD JOB!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love hearing stories like this as they inspire me.
    Keep up the great work.
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Great job! Can't wait till I can say the same!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I ran an entire 5K on the treadmill today for only the 3rd time ever! I'm training for a 5K on May 1st and my goal is to run the entire thing in a decent time. The first step towards that is actually running the whole thing! I've finally gotten to the point where I get somewhat out of breath around the halfway point that I go to a slower jog instead of stopping to walk. That's been a huge step, where before i would just stop running and it was hard to get a good momentum back once I stopped. Now I need to start working on my speed... I'd LOVE a sub 35 minute 5K time but my best all-running time is 39:45 so far.
  • aaronbyard
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm on week 3 of the running schedule, but I made it 15min without stopping yesterday. It wasn't a record setting pace or anything, but I made it around 1.3 miles in that time.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Great job! About a year ago I couldn't run 1 mile. I'm about to run my first half marathon and this past weekend ran about 14 miles without stopping. When I really think about it...I'm amazed and proud.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, everybody!
    I ran 1.5 miles without stopping and i've only been training for about a month -

I did that for the first time on Friday! I've been doing c25k for 5 weeks now. I was super pleased with myself. Pretty darn good for a fat girl! lol
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good for you!
    I can only run 1.5 without stopping, but before I started to lose weight I could barely walk a mile.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I can do pushes, the real kind.
    I can run 10 mph sprints.
    I can do the "chatteranga" (sp) in yoga.
    I can lose weight.
    I can do anything I set my mind to do.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Not big on running. I left that to my little brother (graduated in 1990 and his high school record in the mile is still holding!)

But I did discover I can do real pushups now; not girlie pushups (on the knees).
  • janack
    janack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I know that feeling. I started back running on January 1st and can run 6 miles now w/out stopping. I am so proud of myself. It is the little goals. :)
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! These are so very motivating! Make sure you are taking time every once in a while to think about your progress!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job. Did my first 5k last weekend. It was great! Much more fun than the daily workouts. Last year at this time I couldn't run for 30 seconds without getting winded. I'll have my wife post about her achievement, it will really motivate you :-)
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I for the first time ever today walked a straight 3.5 miles. In the future I intend to be able to post that I ran that in one clip:) Good for you!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I started running in December. Got a couple races under my belt. Got a few more lined up. But today was a special victory.

When I first got my house, 13 years ago, I was a skinny 25 year old. Maybe 115 to 120 pounds, tops. I half-heartedly wanted to get in better health, so I'd go for walks around the neighborhood. One route was a 2.75 mile loop through the hilly streets, and the one and only time I walked it, I was afraid I was going to keel over. I had to stop and sit down for a bit to rest.

Today, 38 years old, 140 pounds, and I ran that distance. Easily. I wanted to keep going, so I detoured a few blocks on the way home to run along a hiking trail by a creek, and up a really, really steep hill right before I got home. And I could have kept going further. Easily. :smile:

I mostly have run on the treadmill at the gym. A few times around the park by my house. But I had a minor phobia of running any distance from the house. Afraid I'd twist my ankle or something. No more! :smile:
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awsome keep it up!!!! I can do 2miles non stop too......:wink: I love 2 hear all this motavation!!!!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did buttkicks(jogging) for 4mins straight!! I'm not sure how I survived!

Grats on your NSV :D
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    It is amazing what our bodies can do if we work them and how much we can change them if we set our mind to it. I had never run in my life. I never thought I could. Last August my hubby and I joined a gym. I found l liked working out on a machine that simulated running, so I decided to try actual running in October. When I first started I was out of breath and had to walk after about a minute. But I loved the feeling! I kept going building a little at a time. Last weekend ran my first 5K. I wanted to cry as I crossed the finish line. I couldn't believe I ran a race!!! My first half marathon is this coming weekend. On Saturday I ran the 13.1 miles to make sure I could do it before the race. The last mile and a half were killer, but I felt like I could conquer the world when I was done. I am SOOOO excited about next weekend!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!