I have quit smoking for a year today, now to loose weight :)

Options
Ocarina
Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
Hey guys my name is Katie. I'm 22 and in school fulltime with a goal to someday become a RN then go further on to becoming a CRNA. I'm actually taking CNA classes this summer... :D I'm excited. I have really proven to myself that I can accomplish something such as quitting cigarettes when at one point I thought I never could... Now I can proudly look back at myself and see these statistics:

Your Quit Date is: 4/11/2010
Time Smoke-Free: 365 days, 17 hours, 52 minutes and 14 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 7315
Lifetime Saved: 1 month, 25 days, 21 hours
Money Saved: $1,520.83

I NEVER thought I would see this happen. I'm completely motivated to push further and lose weight. I feel like I'm going backwards in time as I used to be 125 lbs when I was 17. After I started my first fulltime job at a call center (ew) I got exposed to cigarettes and gave up on everything after that. Now at 210 lbs when I should be 135 - 150 is a HUGE wake up call and with this one year anniversary I've decided to challenge myself to see if I can achieve my goal in a year's time.

The difference between now and when I was 17 was that I was skin and bones back then... I don't want that. I want to live normally and have an awesome lean muscular build that I would be proud of wearing a bakini in. :) I would appreciate a few people to befriend me and I will look for some people to friend as well as I need some motivation and accountability.

I'm kind of transitioning smoothly into this right now as I have been going to the gym for 3 weeks, three times a week to lift weights. I'm doing it with my husband randomly and might need to come up with an actual workout regime. That is my next goal. :)

Thank you for reading,
Katie

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I quit 4 years ago. I have a few pounds to shed from quitting, but I know I can do it!!!
  • amandatechie
    Options
    Hi Katie. Welcome to this site. If you want you can add me as a friend, and I will gladly accept. If you need any thing do not hesistate to message me and I will provide any advice you may need. Once again Welcome.:happy:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responses! I'm just adding some good old mirror body pics. :P I shall add you!!