Parents. You might want to try this.

Options
Remember the times when your little ones were always running away from you while you frantically tried to catch them. Or the times when your now slightly older kiddos where hard to catch and get back home as they race around on their bikes. Now it is time to enlist them in your weight loss/ increased fitness journey. Every time you feel cravings for some "sinful" food (chocolate, extra cheese, a bucket of peanut butter, whipping cream straight from the canister) coming along, you marshal your kids. Tell them: "Mom (or dad) needs your help". Here (Son or daughter) grab the chocolate (peanut butter, whatever), stick it in your back pack and now run, run away from Mommy (or daddy) and don't you let me catch you" Give them a one minute head start. Now go ahead and hunt them down. By the time you catch them (if you catch them) you might just have burned those calories. Of course this will also let you decide how really really badly you want that treat. Just imagine their glee escaping from you. And if you are simply too fast for them, allow them to escape on the bike with a wagon pulled behind them with that slice of pizza tantalizingly out of reach.
Best of all both you and the kids get to exercise. Life is good.

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Now if only I could teach my mini dachshunds to do this! They'd love it :smile:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    :laugh: love it
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! LOL
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Now if only I could teach my mini dachshunds to do this! They'd love it :smile:

Haha, same here...only with my toy fox terrier!

Great idea! :)
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I don't think I could trust my daughters... they would end up being the obese ones with a chocolate ring around their mouths. LOL
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds positively wonderful. And a ton of fun!!
    I haven't yet felt those mad cravings, but I think even to pretend so I can give them a reason to feel like they really needed to run far and fast so I couldn't reach them, it would be worth it.
  • kristenheet
    kristenheet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is great. I think my 14 year old would have it eaten by the time I caught him! LOL
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yup, my kids would just eat it the minute they were out of my grasp!

Though tonight, we played a family game of "soccer" (basically playing parents vs. kids and keeping ithe ball from each other) and I don;t think I have had that much fun with them in months! By the time a half hour was up and we needed to get in for dinner we were ALL covered in sweat, and I kept my heart rate around 150-160 the whole time.

Seeing three little giggle faces was enough to get me to WANT to chase them,