Day Light Savings Cramping Your Style?

Options
Is anyone loosing motivation or trying to reorganize your routine because of the time change? Before the time change I would hike and run when I got off of work, but now when I get home I only have about 30 min of day light. It is really bumming me out. I am trying to figure out another option. Mornings are out because I am on the road at 4:30. I may have to bring the whole routine inside but I am going to miss my time out and about. What are you guys doing? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Country

Replies

• country
    Options
    Is anyone loosing motivation or trying to reorganize your routine because of the time change? Before the time change I would hike and run when I got off of work, but now when I get home I only have about 30 min of day light. It is really bumming me out. I am trying to figure out another option. Mornings are out because I am on the road at 4:30. I may have to bring the whole routine inside but I am going to miss my time out and about. What are you guys doing? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
    Country
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I usually get home and ride my horse, now it's dark before I can get him saddled.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Wow! Ezzie and I were talking about this exact issue earlier today. :happy: We feel the need to get out and do something/anything while we still have some daylight! Sumpn bout making hay while the sun still shines. :wink:
    So, we have been adjusting our schedules as best possible, and trying to take advantage of afternoon while we have one. The sun sets so fast now, that are putting off house stuff til after dark, just so we can enjoy daylight. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • country
    Options
    Anna, I am in the same boat. I wish I had lights around my round pen.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Anna, I am in the same boat. I wish I had lights around my round pen.

I did before we moved. Now none, but it's a better house so I guess it's worth it. So I keep telling myself. I have a colt I would like to start, but now it'll have to wait until March, except the little I can get done on the weekends, which isn't much, bc I just told some other guy I would put 2 hours a week on each of his 4 horses, which has to be done on the weekends because of the time change. I guess I should have said no, but I get paid to ride his and not my own.:cry:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I know I hate how dark it is now. I used to ride my bike but even if I headed out as soon as I get home I'd only have about 10 minutes of dusk before its pitch black.

I just bought a bike trainer to turn my bike into a stationary indoor, so I am so excited to get that. If I wasn't getting that, I would probably either start walking again on my lunch breaks or join a gym. It stinks that it's so dark because today was 70 (in Michigan!!!) so a bike ride would have been great.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I hate it when Daylight Savings time ends--I don't know why we can't stay on it all year round. My mom told me once that they did back in WW2 to save electricity.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. . the only suggestion I have is something stationary inside. . . Make yourself keep working out inside instead of just retiring to the couch!:laugh: On my list of things to do this weekend is oil my swing slider because I have only gotten outside to exercise once since the time change too, I feel your pain!:grumble:
  • imdawn
    imdawn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I used to walk after work, but decided with the time change I would buy a new workout DVD online to try- I bought the Zumba set off Ebay got them in the mail yesterday and tried them out WOAH confusing the guy speaks in another language and before you get the moves down he is on another move! :noway: ....So today I popped back in my Biggest Loser Workout DVD (Featuring Bob Harper and contestants from seasons 1 and 2) and I'm going to stick with this one..:happy: Thank god Bob speaks English :laugh:

If anyone is thinking about getting a DVD look up The Biggest Loser The Workout on You Tube or Amazon.com it's a good one, they have different routines and you can customize your workout...anyways good luck! :glasses:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    At least you all got to stay outside alittle longer. I have been back on my treadmill for over a month. I'm a 6am exerciser. I love having the treadmill for winter!
    Kelly