"...was under his/her calorie goal"

Options

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, let's get back on track here. This post was not intended to yell at people or make anyone feel bad. And I am fully aware that some people are exceptions to the rule. However, the vast majority of people on MFP need to eat and there are SO many people who are SO far under every day that IN MY OPINION (and I already admitted I am not an expert), they would be better served by honesty, rather than false praise. If you don't agree, fine. That's your choice. But please don't derail this thread into something it was not intended to be.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    celo i appreciate your honesty and support!!! it can be a fine line encouraging people to stay on a good path and stick-with-it-ness and accidentally encouraging under-eating!!! i don't always look in detail at peoples diaries before i post a comment, but i do make sure that they are at least close to 1200 before i give a good job...i am not an expert either, but i have learned enough on here to know that very little food will not sustain a long-term happy healthy weight loss...that being said i usually have the opposite problem (as you well know) and often need my hand-slapped for over-doing it on sugar and sodium...tough love is necessary for some of us and often appreciated!!! :)
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i love everyone saying no to eating back calories has lost around 3lbs, and the people eating some of 'em back are in the -20lb range. jusssst an observation.

^Love!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    High five Celo!!! I completely agree, and I'm proud of you for sticking your neck out to write an obviously contraversial post. I am with you: I look at a journal before I comment, and if I can't honestly say "good job", I don't say anything. I refuse to congratulate someone for undereating. Keeping a net of at least 1200 has been a turning point for MANY members here. Obviously there is no "one size fits all", but it seems that a few readers have really missed that memo. :tongue:
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    You know, it's posts like this that are SO unhelpful and unnecessary. I saw this post immediately after my workout tonight, and instead of feeling proud of myself that I did a kick *kitten* workout, I started to feel guilty for not eating all 1700 freaking calories. I eat healthy, and I'm not hungry at 9 pm after my work out. If I am, I drink water. It's not okay for you to make people feel guilty because they're not hungry.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You know, it's posts like this that are SO unhelpful and unnecessary. I saw this post immediately after my workout tonight, and instead of feeling proud of myself that I did a kick *kitten* workout, I started to feel guilty for not eating all 1700 freaking calories. I eat healthy, and I'm not hungry at 9 pm after my work out. If I am, I drink water. It's not okay for you to make people feel guilty because they're not hungry.

And it's not okay to make people guilty for taking a different approach than the one that works for you.

Edited for grammar.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    i love everyone saying no to eating back calories has lost around 3lbs, and the people eating some of 'em back are in the -20lb range. jusssst an observation.

EXACTLY!!!! I eat mine & I have lost 14 lbs! (5'6", SW 160, CW: 146) since Jan 3rd.
  • christy_frank
    Options

EXACTLY!!!! I eat mine & I have lost 14 lbs! (5'6", SW 160, CW: 146) since Jan 3rd.
  • misspenny762
    Options
    I lost 19 pounds doing it my way. My point is to each his/her own.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options

:noway: Shame on you. Celo was trying to be helpful and encouraging, and he made it clear more than once that he is NOT trying to make anyone feel guilty if another tactic works for them. If you disagree with a post, the mature approach is to walk away. That being said, congrats on kicking *kitten* in your workout. :)
  • christy_frank
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I also look at the diarys before I post. I don't usually post on the ones that don't have open diarys, because I can't tell whether they actually ate well, or not. I know we all have different goals, and levels of eating, and fitness, so I am not real picky on some. I also know some people do struggle with eating disorders, and for them to even get close to 1200 calories is a good day for them.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • misspenny762
    Options
    I also look at the diarys before I post. I don't usually post on the ones that don't have open diarys, because I can't tell whether they actually ate well, or not. I know we all have different goals, and levels of eating, and fitness, so I am not real picky on some. I also know some people do struggle with eating disorders, and for them to even get close to 1200 calories is a good day for them.

This this this this this.
  • misspenny762
    Options
    Double post, my bad.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone agrees with you, but I do. Undereating will lead to temporary weight loss, and future headaches. Of course it works...for 3-6 months. Then your metabolism is screwed up for a loooonnng time. I know from personal experience. I spent my 20's and part of my 30's dieting by undereating...and I've been paying for it for years. I agree with supporting everyone in their effort but not congratulating drastic undereating. I will be more careful about that! Thanks for your post :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Honestly if my friends no longer commented on my food diary it wouldnt change anything,if all of them got together and said i need to eat more I would thank them for the concern but still would change anything.My friends kick *kitten* but they do not know me as well as I know me.I am not going to stuff myself if im not hungry.I eat well and could care less what my net is.I know how MY body works after a year and being fairly succseesful.
    But hey its up to you if you want to comment on people day or not depending on how they did in your eyes I get that
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am one who struggles on some days, but perfectly nails the 1200 net on others.

I *think* Celo is talking about praising those who have eaten just a teeny few pieces of food all day, and are WAY under their net. Not Every Single Person who is below. And I can also tell Celo will still be praising those suffering with an ED who may be "under" 1200 NET, but actually ate through out the day!
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options

:noway: Shame on you. Celo was trying to be helpful and encouraging, and he made it clear more than once that he is NOT trying to make anyone feel guilty if another tactic works for them. If you disagree with a post, the mature approach is to walk away. That being said, congrats on kicking *kitten* in your workout. :)

Shame on me?!? Are you joking?? This post is anything but helpful. It is most DEFINATELY not encouraging. And whether this persons intent or not was to make people feel guilty, that's what has happened, and not just to me. And just because I disagree does not give me any less right to comment than someone who agrees. That's just crap.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I dont eat back mine and ive lost 50 :tongue: