"...was under his/her calorie goal"

Options

Replies

• mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with you (you know I struggled with eating ALL my calories) and I have been seeing quite a few people that are dangerously under their net and they have burned something like 500 calories from exercise. I think we should all be aware that there are some people on this site that should be seeking professional help for eating disorders as well. Thanks for the reminder.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Holy hell. I think I'd rather my friend privately show concern in a direct message than publicly passive/aggressively post about it. :-D
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You know, it's posts like this that are SO unhelpful and unnecessary. I saw this post immediately after my workout tonight, and instead of feeling proud of myself that I did a kick *kitten* workout, I started to feel guilty for not eating all 1700 freaking calories. I eat healthy, and I'm not hungry at 9 pm after my work out. If I am, I drink water. It's not okay for you to make people feel guilty because they're not hungry.

And it's not okay to make people guilty for taking a different approach than the one that works for you.

Edited for grammar.

For you two, I'm sorry if you feel singled out or criticized for any reason but - as Allie pointed out - I have expressly stated more than once that I am not intending to single anyone out or make them feel bad. I am speaking in generalities and am well aware that different methods can work in some situations. IT IS OKAY TO DO THINGS YOUR WAY IF THEY WORK FOR YOU. So, if you feel guilty after reading this, please place your blame somewhere else because I have done nothing to suggest it should be flung at me.

And Allie, thanks for having my back!! :drinker:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You know, it's posts like this that are SO unhelpful and unnecessary. I saw this post immediately after my workout tonight, and instead of feeling proud of myself that I did a kick *kitten* workout, I started to feel guilty for not eating all 1700 freaking calories. I eat healthy, and I'm not hungry at 9 pm after my work out. If I am, I drink water. It's not okay for you to make people feel guilty because they're not hungry.

I dont think the op was ment for anyone to feel guilty.It shouldnt be taken that way,it is just an opinion
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I hope all my friends are just being honest with me. If you are happy at what I did..say it. If you aren't...say it!! That takes care of all the confusion right there. If I'm doing something bad for my body and you know it please don't blow smoke up my *kitten* with a "WTG" or a "good job" if that's not how ya feel. I promise to be as real and honest as I can. I might piss some off but I love ya all and that's the way it has to be.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i love everyone saying no to eating back calories has lost around 3lbs, and the people eating some of 'em back are in the -20lb range. jusssst an observation.

Lol you can't really judge someone just by looking at their profile. I found success doing it the way that works best for me- just because I don't update my ticker doesn't mean I haven't lost anything.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Edit: Never mind.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    OMG! Could you people whine any more? Celo didn't single anyone out, didn't tell anyone specifically that they are wrong, and didn't say anything in his post that should make you feel guilty about your eating. It is a free country. Do (or eat) whatever the hell you want. No one is forcing you to eat anything. Celo stated his OPINION about friend food diary comments. Geez people, if the OP offended you, you need to get some thicker skin....
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :smile: Anytime my friend!
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    OMG! Could you people whine any more? Celo didn't single anyone out, didn't tell anyone specifically that they are wrong, and didn't say anything in his post that should make you feel guilty about your eating. It is a free country. Do (or eat) whatever the hell you want. No one is forcing you to eat anything. Celo stated his OPINION about friend food diary comments. Geez people, if the OP offended you, you need to get some thicker skin....

I can't speak for anyone else but the OP didn't really offend me, I just disagreed with him. I've already privately messaged him and we're both fine with each other.

Another post on here definitely was offensive though, so it's quite possible my frustration may have been taken out on him, although that wasn't my intention. But like I said I've already IMed him so yeah.
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Did you even read half the posts on here???? He is taking about people who are constantly under eating. You should feel great about your workout, and NO I wouldn't be eating after a workout at night either..... But hellooooooo! It is referring to those who eat like 500 calories in a day and then burn an additional 1200 calories at the gym.... And not just once or twice here and there, but day after day after day!!!!

The people on here getting all angry about this post are reading far too much into it and clearly have an underlying reason to there extreme dis approval of the post.

Of course different people have to eat differently, and if your not hungry then don't force yourself to eat BUT if you are eating WAY under your calorie goal AND exercising some/most of the time as well, then that says that there is possibly something wrong- like maybe being in starvation mode and screwing with your metabolism.

AND I STUDY BIOLOGY, DEVELOPMENT AND NUTRITION AT UNIVERSITY!!!!! So I understand metabolism and digestion pretty damn well!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    i love everyone saying no to eating back calories has lost around 3lbs, and the people eating some of 'em back are in the -20lb range. jusssst an observation.

EXACTLY!!!! I eat mine & I have lost 14 lbs! (5'6", SW 160, CW: 146) since Jan 3rd.

I dont eat back mine and ive lost 50 :tongue:

I eat back mine and I've lost 79. :tongue: (Not trying to start a pissing contest, I just thought it was funny that the numbers went up with each do/don't eat the calores statement.) :laugh:
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    See, the thing is hitting net would have to include eating exercise calories, and there's no good reason for that. We are all on a plan to lose weight. As long as the person is eating MORE than 1200 calories, they're ok on my book, ESPECIALLY if they don't consume their exercise calories.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Really, it's the OPs right to decide who they do or don't comment on. Quit taking it as a personal attack people. Jeebus.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

my thoughts on this.....i preplan my day and preenter my meals and my estimated workouts so i can eat correctly throughout the day...that way i dont end up with 500+ calories at 10pm when i really dont feel like eating anything heavy before bed just after working out...i too have lost over 70+lbs over the last 3 years and eating what your goal with a minimum of 1200 calories is what i'm "supposed" to do.....this is what works for me and i have my diary open for anyone to see....i dont comment on completed diaries unfortunately cause i just dont have the time and sooooo many people dont have them open....so i agree, i will not comment positively on people are are under their goal and in the "green"....it's annoying LOL..when you hit right on goal you are in the "RED" but that is where you are supposed to be for the day....

anyway, sorry the post got off topic but that is what happens when many people share what works for them...that's the beauty of this site....you can do what works for you and as long as it keeps working, keep doing it, but if it stops, you have many resources of people to gain info and suggestions from right here.....
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    If I notice that one of my friends is way under I will usually either not comment at all or just ask them if everything is ok. But some people don't have their diary viewable or they will just be under by a couple calories. And honestly, with my 3 yr old wanting my attention all the time I don't always have time to view all the diaries. So usually if I'm saying "Way to go" or "Good job" it's more for the fact that the person logged at all. . .because that is an accomplishment in itself. :heart: But I do see what the OP is saying. . .because there are some people who are constantly way under to the point it has to be unhealthy. :flowerforyou:
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I give kudos to all my friends for getting on here each day and logging their food. Good bad or otherwise. They are here and are working at it. I am not the food police. Sometimes if they are struggling, we take a look at what they are eating and make recommendations. otherwise, tis a job well done just to get on here everyday and be accountable.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I give kudos to all my friends for getting on here each day and logging their food. Good bad or otherwise. They are here and are working at it. I am not the food police. Sometimes if they are struggling, we take a look at what they are eating and make recommendations. otherwise, tis a job well done just to get on here everyday and be accountable.

Exactly. . .that's what I was trying to say in my comment but yours sounds so much better than mine does!! :happy:
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I don't eat back exercise calories and I'm sure there's a lot more people who have lost more than 3 pounds that also don't eat their exercise calories. Everyone's bodies is different and just because eating back those exercise calories works for some doesn't mean it works for all.