Chia Seeds

Options
Hello anyone taken Chia Seeds for weight loss??? Anything good or bad on it will help thanks. I recently read that when taken it swells up to 6 times its size and makes you fill full was wondering if anyone has tried it and there success on it

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Kind of creeps me out, but I've heard of people doing this. Here's a short article about it: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/24/chia-seeds-for-weight-loss/
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat chia seeds faithfully everyday. I first heard of them from Dr. Oz's diet. He had you mix them in your smoothie. If you look them up all they are is fiber and protein, which is very good for you. This may sound weird but i put 1 tblspoon in my oatmeal, cereal or smoothies. They are very good for you. You have to buy them at a health food store only. Hope this helps.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i don't know about weight loss, but chia seeds should be eaten every day just for the health benefits! no joke, these seeds were so highly prized that they were once used in aztec cultures as currency. they are also great for hydration, they'll absorb 12x their weight in water so if you're going for a long run or something, drinking chia seeds with water beforehand will keep you hydrated longer. if you let them sit overnight in a large amount of vanilla or chocolate soymilk, in the morning you'll have a thick tapioca-type pudding. HEALTHY pudding! i also cook 1 T in oatmeal, it really bulks up my 1/4 cup of oats and keeps me full like all day haha.
  • Nvanac
    Nvanac Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks guys. Im still looking into them my friends friend owns a Health food store that sells them think we are going to give them a try from what Im reading they are good for you either way
  • busymom365
    Options
    A great source for Chia Seeds and Flax Seed is FitFlax. It's a low carb/low calorie flax and chia blend that's delicious, even straight from the bag. In the morning, I'll add it to greek yogurt and berries, for lunch or dinner, I add it to salads.