30 Day Shred, who's in?!

Options
Hi all,

I'm starting the 30 Day Shred for the first time today... I know i'm going to need some motivation, so thought i'd announce it to the world!!

Who's in?!!!

Replies

• missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options
    hi, i starting today too :happy:
  • bunnybeth14
    bunnybeth14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im gonna start today too, hope it goes well for u! Im dreading it lol! x
  • loopyrach
    loopyrach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in really need to start somewhere
    Will be doing mine this afternoon

X
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and OMG do I ache. But determined to stick to it so when I get home from work I will be doing it again to day, it can only get easier (I hope).
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I JUST finished the whole 30 days (like, 3 minutes ago)--it's hard work and there will be times you will dread starting it, but just keep telling yourself---"it's only 20 minutes, it's only 20 minutes" and you'll get through it. Each time you will love being done (you'll be so proud of yourself) but you will see yourself get stronger and totally notice the results! It's so worth it. Good luck to all of you!!

I'm starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow....
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared! I just finished my first session of level 1. Wasn't too bad....

(Yeah, I may have had a few pauses in there, but hey...i've been on holidays for 6 weeks, can't expect too much first time round yeah?!)

Let's go ladies, it's on!!
  • LauraB327
    LauraB327 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm in! I've been meaning to start it.. I dont know why- I'm very intimidated by it!! haha probably because I know I cant walk a couple days after! lol
  • thinstar101
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred? x
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started first thing this morning. The press ups were a killer, but other than that it was not as bad as I'd feared.
    I only have 0.75kg hand weights as I'm waiting for my 2kg ones to arrive, so I'll feel it a bit more when I start using those. A bit of stiffness in my legs and I was a bit light headded for 10 mins after I finished, but otherwise not too bad.
  • teeveesee
    teeveesee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 and could use some motivation! I ache less today than I did yesterday though I found it harder to complete the workout...maybe because I knew what was coming!! I'll join in this thread if that's ok?

On Level 1 the first set of 321 is the hardest so bear that in mind as you push through :)

Good luck!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 3 for me and I am loving it so far!

I also keep repeating to myself "it's only X minutes"! I'm also modifying the jumping jacks due to an ankle injury.

I do the Shred before the gym, then go and do some cardio. Today I may add some more weight training at the gym just to "bump things up".

Good luck everyone and let's keep in touch, OK?
  • louise266
    louise266 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'll start!! its 32 days til i get married, so if i start now i can have 2 rest days before the big day haha.

Louise xx
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep i'm in started yesterday .:smile:
  • thisisabbie
    Options
    I JUST finished the whole 30 days (like, 3 minutes ago)--it's hard work and there will be times you will dread starting it, but just keep telling yourself---"it's only 20 minutes, it's only 20 minutes" and you'll get through it. Each time you will love being done (you'll be so proud of yourself) but you will see yourself get stronger and totally notice the results! It's so worth it. Good luck to all of you!!

I'm starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow....

YAY! Well done!

Now you can use this group as motivation for Ripped too ;-)

And keep us updated! That may be the next purchase....
  • thisisabbie
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred? x

It's a Jillian Michaels DVD, that consists of 20 minute workouts. There are 3 levels, so you gradually work your way up. I only did my first sesh today, and it seems like it's going to be pretty good! Will report more in a few weeks!!

I'm on Day 3 and could use some motivation! I ache less today than I did yesterday though I found it harder to complete the workout...maybe because I knew what was coming!! I'll join in this thread if that's ok?

On Level 1 the first set of 321 is the hardest so bear that in mind as you push through :)

Good luck!
    Of course you can join! Welcome :-)

I can't wait for the aches tomorrow.... Or not. :-P
  • thisisabbie
    Options
    I'll start!! its 32 days til i get married, so if i start now i can have 2 rest days before the big day haha.

Louise xx

Awesome! And congratulations!!

:-)
  • bunnybeth14
    bunnybeth14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So I just finished Day 1 and feeling revved up so thought Id check out the Wii Zumba game too while Im on a roll! Not looking forward to Day 2 with the aches tho!!
  • lolareina
    lolareina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 1 today.....You all can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!
  • notperfectcc
    notperfectcc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in! April 12 was day one for me, I need to stick to it and not make any excuses!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done, bit stiff in the chest area, but otherwise ok, and I actually felt a quite energised in the last set of cardio (maybe knowing it was nearly done).
    I had my breakfast straight after this morning which stopped me going light headed this time. :smile: