Delay

Options
After a few months of tracking calories, having successes and failures, I am thinking that there is about a 2 day delay . . .if I have a bad weekend, the scale jumps up a couple days later, if I have a good few days then I don't see it for a few days . . .anyone else agree.

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The scale still baffles me! I try to only get on once a week. Between monthly fluctuations and sodium intake, exercise levels and calorie counting, the results are never the same. The scale is a "Mystery"!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    you are right, I should just tstop my crazy self from hopping on the scale every second of the day
  • blessyourfitness
    Options
    I get obsessed with the scale sometimes too. It's better if you measure it by how your clothes are fitting. If you are working out, you're probably gaining muscle :)
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    That is why I weigh myself once a week...and go more on how my clothes fit me, since I don't measure either.
  • ande2994
    Options
    So glad there's already a post on this -- that's exactly what I'm experiencing! I ate pretty well last week, was active and ate well all weekend, and gained almost two pounds. This week I've been eating out almost every meal and I hit a new low weight since starting on MFP. Eating poorly CAN'T be the reason for my weight loss, so the only thing I can think of is that I'm seeing the benefits of my good week now, and no matter how good I am next week I'll suffer the numeric consequences of my poor choices from this week before seeing any progress again.