TOM Ladys???

Options
Hello ladys I'm curious to know does anyone still work out when its the TOM? Before I started working and and eating healthy I use to get really bad cramps.. But now they barely bother me though I still get them their just not as sever as they use to be..

Replies

• abbyph311
    abbyph311 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty useless the first day. The fatigue really hits me the worst so I just use that as a rest day. After that I go about everything normally. Try taking some pain meds before your workout, tylenol or advil should help.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but working out helps my cramps if I have them.
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I do. Most of the time it is a lighter workout (30 minutes instead of 45 or 60 and less intense). I have also had days where I hit the wall from exhaustion in the middle of a workout during that time. The important part is that I do try, and most of the time, I do feel better when I do.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    If I have bad cramps I usually won't although exercise is great for them but only on the first or second day (sometimes the second is worse than the first). My TOM has gotten much better since I started eating healthy (used to wake up in the middle of the night with stabbing pains).

But then I force myself.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    MFP probably saved me from haveing to get a hysterectomy. My months were that bad, that it was pretty much my only option. Since I started moving again during my aunt flow visits, they are now back down to the cycle I had in HS 3 days only. The working out stopped the severity.
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always workout during my TOM. It helps relieve the cramps. I usually do my treadmill and just start out slow, but half way through i'm feeling like normal. And I feel ten times better when i'm done.

My always went out and washed her car during her TOM. She used to just tell me "Get moving, or those cramps will get worse!"
  • TinaHall1228
    Options
    I agree with LikesunshineDus , Workingout helps my cramps too .
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    the only difference I have found is that it doesn't last as long... but I find that my cycle right now is all over the place...
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I get super bad cramps the first few days...I could easily just take advil and sleep. LOL

However, the past couple of months I have really pushed to do a good workout the first few days and it has actually helped my cramping!

Good Luck! Don't let mother nature beat you :)
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    Wow you sound like me, I use to have to lay down and ball up into the fetile position and take meds the day before because that's how severe they were thank Goday before because they were so severe.. Maybe I should go and try to work out so I can see what my body will allow me to d..