Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers and Spinach

Options
Oooohhh... yummy.

Not Popeye's spinach! This meal is like a delicious Italian pasta dish- but without the pasta. And, believe me, its so good that you don't miss the pasta at all! And, the hubby thinks this is the best thing I've ever cooked (nevermind that he says that every time). At just about 308 calories per serving, I give this two thumbs up!

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Fresh Garlic, chopped (to taste- I love a lot of garlic and think I used 4 large cloves)
1 tsp of margarine
1 tsp olive oil
1 Bag of fresh Spinach, chopped
1 Cup of Sweet Roasted Red Peppers, cut into strips
Formaggio Fresh Mozzarella ("In Our Special Marinade")

Heat chopped garlic cloves in 1 tsp of olive oil until brown. Clean and cut chicken breast into strips (or chunks if you like) and add to garlic. Saute until brown.

While chicken is cooking, heat 1 tsp of margarine in another pan. Add chopped spinach and roasted red peppers. (*Note: You can just wait until chicken is cooked through and throw in spinach and peppers into same pan. I didn't have the patience and wanted to speed up cook time)

Once chicken is cooked through mix in spinach, roasted red peppers and mozzarella. And, viola. Delicious-ness.

You could also add in fresh basil. I didn't have any but I am sure that would be yummy!

Check out picture with recipe at my blog here:

http://askinnygirlinside.blog.com/2011/04/12/thumbs-up-recipe-chicken-with-roasted-red-peppers-and-spinach/

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Looks great. Going to do this! I Have done it with the peppers but not the Spinich. Thanks for sharing!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    BUMP. This sounds quite yummy :)
  • macnatty24
    Options
    Where do you find roasted red peppers? I mean like where at in the grocery? I've looked at Wal-Mart and Kroger, but no luck. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place? This sounds delicious!
  • ASkinnyGirlInside
    Options
    Where do you find roasted red peppers? I mean like where at in the grocery? I've looked at Wal-Mart and Kroger, but no luck. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place? This sounds delicious!

I used jar roasted red peppers. You can usually find them over near the olives. :o)
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    how much fresh mozz did you use?
    sounds so yummy
  • ASkinnyGirlInside
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ASkinnyGirlInside
    Options
    how much fresh mozz did you use?
    sounds so yummy

I used half the container. I think I ate about 2 or 3.... and it was worth it! LOL
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!!
  • traceyann1214
    traceyann1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump