NO POP/SODA

Options
I'm going to start a new goal, and that is to NOT consume any kind of soda/pop of any kind for 30 days. I've been trying to not consume a lot of pop/soda, and my calorie intake hasn't been effected. But I'm going to start the no pop/soda on friday because I will be weighing in and taping myself. Just want to see if the pop/soda consumption affects my inches. So from April 15, 2011 until May 15, 2011 I will not consume any kind of soda/pop. So anyone who would like to join and see if you lose any inches weekly go ahead =] Also frequent trips to a sauna since I'll be drinking so much water will be happening.

Replies

• cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have not had a soda since Jan. I lost 11 pounds in the first 2 weeks.

Good luck!
  • 2littlebostons
    2littlebostons Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know diet sodas are not much better than regular sodas, but are you going from drinking regular sodas to none or diet sodas to none to see the difference??
  • shellbones
    Options
    Hi babes can you not sacrifice it for the diet pop ??? Hope you can achieve your desired weight loss
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Its a really hard habit to kick but once you do you will feel so much better for it. Even the diet stuff has far too much junk in it.

I found I had headaches for a few days after stopping but once that was over it was easy.
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong aren't diet sodas e.g. Diet Coke actually far worse than your normal coke.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong aren't diet sodas e.g. Diet Coke actually far worse than your normal coke.

I have read that diet soda actually can impede weight loss. Something to do with "tricking" your brain regarding the sweetness of the diet soda.
  • billianna
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I'm looking forward too =]
  • billianna
    Options
    I'm going from drinking both kinds to NONE =]
  • 2littlebostons
    2littlebostons Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's so awesome!
    I've replaced 90% of my soda intake with bottled water.
    I use Crystal Light or those new "MIO" water enhancers if I get bored with plain water, but usually plain bottled water will refresh me enough without anything added to it!

I do have a few bottles of Diet Sodas in my fridge. Once they are gone, I'm not buying them anymore. They are the "Waist Watchers" brand. Anyone know if they are just as bad for you as regular diet sodas, like Diet Coke and stuff? They probably are, but I like having a cup of the Citrus Frost with my salad at lunch time!
  • TheBeautyofWellness
    Options
    If you are ever crave for that bubbly feeling, a nice alternative is to drink sparkling mineral water. You may even try adding frozen strawberries as ice cubes in the drink. It's so refreshing and much better than soda!
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    Go you!! Its an awesome way to cut calories! I have found I dont even miss it anymore (and it saves me a lot of money at the grocery store)!!
  • billianna
    Options
    I'm also going to start the 30 day shred video again this friday with my 30 no soda/pop goal...Hoping for good results =]