First Week Here...

Options
Hi everyone. This is my first week on here. I have lurked this week and thought it was about time I introduced myself to everyone.

I first joined because a friend at work joined. We have both been trying to lose weight since the beginning of the year. I stared just counting calories on my own, then joined WW, and now since we are saving to move, decided to just stop WW and try doing things on here.

So far since the beginning of the year, I have lost 32 pounds. I am pretty proud of those 32 pounds since I do believe that this is the year of change for myself. I have tried many things in the past, including gastric bypass, to lose weight. But really nothing has worked long term. I really believe that this is the only way to lose weight and to keep it off. To change your lifestyle and live in a healthy way. I have heard the quote before and think it is sooo true. "Dont do anything to lose weight that you cannot do for the rest of your life". Im sure that is not the exact wording, but im sure you guys have heard it before and know what I am talking about.

I have learned lately that I enjoy exercise. I have tons of workout dvds and have been going to the stadium to walk the track and there is a bridge here in town that is a killer to walk (for me anyways lol) and I have been doing that alone sometimes and sometimes with my friend from work. I have done a walk for Autism that was close to here (my son is Autistic and it was a special day to walk for it with a couple of friends) and have plans to do the Disney Family Fun Run 5K the beginning of the year with my friend from work! I plan on doing the C25K here soon as well to get me ready!!

I have enjoyed the forums and learning from you all. I hope to meet some new people by doing this and helping out anyway I can to encourage others in the path to change their lives just like I am trying to do.

Replies

• chrymo
    chrymo Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Welcome to MFP... You'll enjoy shedding pounds with the supportive people here!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • Kathy11174
    Options
    I too had gastric bypass and never met my goal weight then gained 40 pounds back. So now I have almost 100 pounds to lose (ok 75 now since I have lost almost 25). Since starting here I have found that the support of strangers is more important than the support of my husband since he is skinny and doesn't understand. My daughter is my exercise motivator but she doesn't like to do Tae Bo and it is what is keeping me going so she just roots me on!

Keep up the great work and add me if you would like too! You can do anything!

Kathy
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Options
    Congrats! 32 lb is a major loss. Good luck in keeping going.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have also lost 30 pounds since December 28th so both started pretty much at the same time ! I am sending you a friends request ! You can do this !
  • deanne525
    deanne525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! I am new around here as well. 32lbs is fantastic!!! Keep up the good work and hope to see more of you on the boards!!!!
  • sheasley76
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the posts!!! And to all that requested me as a friend, thanks :)
  • sheasley76
    Options
    Kathy,
    My hubbie is skinny to, so I totally understand. He can eat anything he wants at any time and it just does not affect his weight. Though, he just turned 30 this year, so we shall see if the trend lasts lol.
    I am really short, so I have alittle more than you to lose. I want to get to 120 or around there. I was at 145 a few years ago (after my gastric bypass) and I still wanted to lose alittle more. I was still in a size 12 then. But whatever I feel the most comfy at when I actually get down that low is where I will stop and then try to maintain :)
    Good luck to you and I will send a request!