Anyone watch "too fat for 15"?

Options
2»

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been watching this show since Episode 1 last summer. It's really interesting to see how these kids ended up like this, especially once you look at the families. I was appalled that the fundraiser was serving such unhealthy food and raffling off gift certificates for all you can eat wings and fries!!! That's sending such a bad message, I wouldn't go to a fundraiser for a weight loss camp if I was going to eat hot dogs and other unhealthy food. It is telling to see the families tho. Scottie's mom is pretty bad, I felt bad for Hayley when her dad wasn't being supportive and being like "why are you ordering like that" at dinner. The families send these kids to Well Spring and they're never going to sustain their progress if they go home to those environments.

Coming from personal experience, I grew up in a household that ate crap food. It was really only once I moved out after college and educated myself that I realized how bad it was growing up. These kids are getting the education, it's nice when the families jump on board. But last night it seemed that many of them are just set up for failure once they go home for good.

And FYI, it airs at 8pm on Mondays on Style.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK I believe we are a bit behind, but the programme is great. Some of those kids are going to fail the second they go home though. I love Tanisha, she walked up a hill the other day, doesn't sound like much but it was so lovely to see how proud she was.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    does anyone know if we can watch it online? I watch supersize vs superskinny and I love it! they have it on youtube but too fat for 15 isn't on there.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Oh, I absolutely LOVE that show! (:
    I seen it once and was like Wow, I think I've found a new favorite show! :D

Along with 'I used to Be Fat', that show inspires me to keep going until I achieve what I want! :D

I watched I used to be fat for the first time the other day, the girl lost 90lb in 90 days :O
  • ToniRee
    ToniRee Posts: 13
    Options
    I also love the show. The intro chokes me up everytime when it says "The first generation of teenagers that won't live as long as their parents." I love Tanisha and Haley (the one that was 511 lbs. to start). Haley's dad pisses me off the worst. Not helping her at all and more interested in his new girlfriend then her well being, despite the fact that her mom died 7 months ago. Scotty's parents are a close second, all they do is enable, and don't watch him closely. If they knew he had issues with portion control, they should be watching him. I love Tanisha's family for being so supportive, which is why she's lost 200lbs+ since she got there.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Along with 'I used to Be Fat', that show inspires me to keep going until I achieve what I want! :D

I love that show also!!! It's so inspiring but I haven't watched it for a few months. maybe I'll watch it online because they really are inspiring. however, most of us don't have an entire summer to completely devote to losing weight. This summer I'll be working and going to school full time. I wish I could just go to the gym and eat healthy all day, lol. Or go on this show! I don't think I'm big enough though, that sucks because I SO would!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I saw season 1. Scotties mother drove me so nuts. Its always everyone elses fault. She created that. He is a sweet kid but a teenager should not be behaving the way he does. Unless she changes then he will never change.

Most of the kids will struggle to change because their families have such poor eating habits. Unless everyone changes the camp is pointless.

I love Tanisha. She is so sweet and she really wants to change. She has so many reasons to complain (due to her health problems) yet she just gets on with things.

I cannot wait to see season 2 and am glad to see Tanisha is still in it.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Oh, I absolutely LOVE that show! (:
    I seen it once and was like Wow, I think I've found a new favorite show! :D

I watched I used to be fat for the first time the other day, the girl lost 90lb in 90 days :O

Me too. I cried seeing the transformation. Watching a sad depressed girl become such pretty and confident women is wonderful.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I also feel bad for Emily. It seems like her parents don't even want her at home. She's practically a healthy weight at this point (she looks about my height and she was like 147 on last night's episode). They forced her into summer camp and then into another semester and she's already been there for a while. I am really happy for Tenisha tho, she's done amazingly well and it's good that Hayley has her around as an example to follow. I've just lost all hope in Scottie though.