Weekend WARS

Options
Does anyone else out there seem to have a hard time with the weekends and staying on track and logging? I need some motivation, some tips, some advice SOMETHING!!!!! I feel like I do GREAT during the week and then the weekend hits and I miss workouts and eat out too much. What in the world I need to get it together.

During the week I am eating english muffins with peanut butter and honey and french pressed coffee with two teaspoons of sugar.
During the week for lunch I eat a turkey sandwich from home, low fat chips (sometimes carrots instead), a banana for a snack and a crunchy granola bar for my afternoon snack.
During the week for dinners I eat what ever my hubby is cooking. It's usually something with ground turkey, nothing too fatty for sure. It varies though and from time to time we do end up eating out.
I drink well over 8 glasses of water each day.

Anyone have ANY tips, suggestions, advice or motivation they would like to share with me? I'd be so grateful!

I am really wanting to get down to 130 before June and I'm still not below 150 which makes me so crazy. I've done P90X, Insanity and currently on my second round of Insanity. I run often 2-3 miles within 30 minutes. I do my own exercises sometimes for arms and abs. I just need help! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• k3muldoo
    k3muldoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE PROTEIN. I lost 11lbs in 8 weeks just by increasing my protein, drinking only water and keeping my cals under 1200 a day. No workout change and no fad-diets. I weighed 147lbs 8 weeks ago and now I'm 136lbs. Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, chicken breast, low fat string cheese, etc are all better snack options than low-fat chips and granola bars, because they have protein they will keep you full longer. Good luck!!!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    On the weekends I forget to drink water, let alone anything because I'm so busy with errands, events, housekeeping, everything! Best advice is toss a water bottle in your purse for the day, so that way its always with you. That will help with your water intake on the weekend.
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I either completely undereat on the weekends because I running around and forget to eat or just don't have anything good with me. OR...since I don't have anything with me and end up starving, I eat out and go way over my calories or fat! I am trying to make sure that I pack stuff now when I am running around the weekends so that I can regularly snack while I'm out. I also have a couple go to restaurants that i can get specific things off the menu that won't ruin my day. Planning seems to be the key!
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have same problem i think a lot of ppl have this problem, bc its THE WEEKEND most are off work kids are out of school its totally different than the week. Im a true beleiver in moderation....im not going to live miserably and not enjoy life because im on a diet and forcing myself to workout so much. Last weekend i completly let it go, i went to Outback for dinner ate half a bloomin onion,half rack of baby back ribs, and a lovely maragarita, i left the fries bc i didnt even want them Then had quite a few beers and a funnel cake at a festival and plenty more drinks during the weekend.....Point is i had a GREAT weekend i had fun i just enjoyed life with my family, and i didnt feel bad about it at all. I dont do it all the time so sometimes it needs to be okay to let it go and just enjoy your life, the diet will be there when your ready to be serious come monday. But still MODERATION, i would so not do that every weekend.Spring is here now its nice to just get out we take our family on a 4 mile walk some weekends still time together still being productive : )