SAHM 4/4 - 410

Options
124»

Replies

• mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    TGIF Ladies :drinker:
    I know, I come back then don't post all week, sorry :embarassed: . I feel like I just don't have the time anymore. With hubby deployed, D's school & scouts (which I feel overwhelmed trying to help him with), C's school and attitude lately, B's constent whinning (thankgoodness the ear infections are finally better, but now he's geting 2 year molars) and A's hit another grow spurt so he's nursing a lot I swear I don't know where the day goes sometimes. Guess that will help these next couple of months pass quick & get hubby home to us! But I have been getting my workouts in & loggin my food! I have a friend working out with me which mostly helps because then I have to be the motivator for her to come workout with me & can't back out. Although I think I may need to increase my workouts, I restarted Slim in 6 with her but saw no results this week. Matter of fact my weight seems to have even gone up a tiny bit, kind of frustrating this being my first week back after a month off. I feel really bloated though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Sorry I don't have time to comment on everyones posts but great job everyone!! Have a nice weekend!!
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Soni--20 minutes of Yoga sounds wonderful! Do you do it on your own or with a program? And moving around all day with kids is certainly not sedentary--you must have been tired at the end of the day. I often eat after my little one is in bed, because my husband works so late. And it is extremely difficult to cook with this baby still up! That is his cranky/needy time of day. The only thing is, when I wait for later to eat, it kind of gets me in my snacking mode again. And I know eating late isn't good for me either! The nursing calories makes sense to me! I am still breastfeeding my little guy, but only 1-2 times a day now. I'm not sure I would be burning a significant amount of calories. How old is your little one?

I did the yoga with a program (CRUNCH Sexy Stretch on Comcast Cable ON DEMAND). My baby is 3 months old. If you put breastfeeding in the search box for food, it'll give you different options (so if you only nurse 1-2 x, you can use the 16oz. or 24 oz. option).

Evening is my baby's cranky time, too...that's why I haven't been eating until after all the kids are in bed. Strangely, it keeps me from snacking.
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options

I did the yoga with a program (CRUNCH Sexy Stretch on Comcast Cable ON DEMAND). My baby is 3 months old. If you put breastfeeding in the search box for food, it'll give you different options (so if you only nurse 1-2 x, you can use the 16oz. or 24 oz. option).

Evening is my baby's cranky time, too...that's why I haven't been eating until after all the kids are in bed. Strangely, it keeps me from snacking.
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options

Oooops! My first attempt at quoting didn't quite work. I love the feature. I wish the Baby Center had it!

Anyway, Soni--thanks for the advice about the breastfeeding. But I don't think he is getting that much anymore. Of course there isn't much way of knowing. But he has kind of been weaning himself slowly, and it doesn't seem like he is getting as much. Although, when he is sick with a cold, I know he gets a lot more breastmilk because he nurses so much more and my supply gets going again. So it is difficult to say with regard to marking for calories.

I have On Demand too! I am going to try that program you do. And that is awesome that you don't snack--wish I had the will power!
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    Wow, Christi--you are so very busy with those boys!! I give you a lot of credit! I feel crazy with one toddler and a teenager! I have only boys too! Love em! Your boys are so cute! By the way, Thank you so much to you and your husband for what you do for us. I know words can't fully show what a big sacrifice you make. :flowerforyou:

Barb--Hi! My little guy has only been with me his whole life too. It is difficult to leave them with someone for the first time! I hope your little one does well this week-and you too. It will be good for both of you! Wow, that must be difficult to have a trucker husband! I thought my husband was never home, because he has a super long commute and works late all the time. His average to get home is 9. Sounds like a lot of us on this thread don't have our husbands around much.

Hi to everyone else! I am super sleepy and have a headache today. My eldest was in a production of Guys and Dolls and last night was his second night. The cast all went out after to Uno's and I waited up for him. I didn't get to sleep until 1! And my little one woke up at 2, went back to sleep after a little bit--and then woke up for good at 5:30 am. :yawn:
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Sorry I haven't been in here lately either. I've been diligently spring cleaning the house. The weather has been nice so I've been taking advantage and hanging out laundry as well as taking the kids out for large portions of the day.

Katie-I'm glad you still went to celebrate AND that our government reached an agreement! Happy nine years!! DH and I will be celebrating nine in December. :)

Shoppie-I hope your DD is feeling ok after having her shots. We used to give our LO's paracetemol (tylenol here in the US) just before, but the last time we went in they told us not to because they've found it takes some of the effectiveness away from the vaccinations. :-/

Barb-Good luck!! It's so hard leaving them, but hopefully he'll have fun there. Part of my decision to become a SAHM was because my DD screamed all day long at the babysitters because she refused to feed from a bottle. :laugh:

Christi-I don't blame you for not being in here!! It's nice to have someone to workout with. Could the extra weight be muscle? I'm having that issue right now doing a Jillian Michaels workout. I'm not losing weight, but my measurements are going down.

I wish we had exercise programs onDemand! I do have some of the Crunch workouts on Netflix through the Wii, but I wish they would add more of a variety that's available instantly.

DaisyBayberry-Congrats to your son! I remember hearing stories of the theater group going out after their shows and not coming in until late. Take it easy today!

I've just eaten breakfast and I had peanut butter for the first time since November!! I love peanut butter so it's nice to know I can have some and it won't make me sick anymore. I'm waiting for that to digest so I can bust my behind with Jillian Michaels. Yesterday I thought it would be a great idea to workout before breakfast so I didn't get a cramp. I had to stop because I felt so shaky. Not smart on my part. It's going to be another gorgeous day today so we'll be heading out after I workout, do some laundry, and have a shower.:laugh:

I will post another intro too. I'm Nicole, 27, Mom to Chloe (who will be 4 on the 20th) and Zac (who turned two on February 1st). I joined MFP in November after thinking I had chronic pancreatitis. Luckily, it was just another gallstone stuck in my common bile duct (I had one removed last year after being hospitalized) and they removed it at the end of March. I had limited my diet so much that now I'm getting used to eating certain things again, like peanut butter. My DH is a retail manager and doesn't have off weekends. Sometimes he does work late, but it's nothing major. We don't have family around, so I try to exercise when my son is napping. Though I've recently discovered that somtimes I can sneak away into my room and do a workout without the kids noticing. :bigsmile:
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies-

A little about me for the newbies-I'm Holly a 39 1/2 yr. old, SAHM mom to 4. Bridget 15, Broderick 13, Lucy 4 and Julia 2. I am a self proclaimed gym rat I am there 5-6 days a week. I am currently 7 lbs. from goal. This week I started a class that meets at 6 a.m. for an hour it's been tough getting up that early as my younger 2 frequently wake up at night. It's for 8 weeks so I should survive it!

This week went fairly well. I just dropped off my husband at the airport as he has a work conference in Orlando this next week so I am single parenting it. At least this weekend should be nice and warm for us here at home.

My trainer, who also co-teaches the EVO class in the morning, suggested that I consider competing in a Bikini fitness competition this week! I came home and did some research to see what it was all about..holy moley! I would need to train for at least 6-12 months before even being close to body read for that. You need to not only be thin but very lean with a decent amount of muscle definition and only a small amount of body fat. It's not body builder lean but not far from it. After watching a video taken during one of the competitions I decided he was crazy. I don't have the personality for that. I could get my body there with lots of work but the rest..not so much. Still it's flattering to have someone really believe that you could do that and do well in it. Believe me when I say I am no where near ready for even a bikini at the pool, my thighs are thinning yes but still have an unfortunate layer or seven of fat.

I'd better go for now and get some breakfast. I think I'm going in for Zumba this morning!

Holly
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just had to post quick

are you FREAKIN kidding me??!! it works--eat less, weigh less....

i lost more than a pound!!! goodbye 150s--i better not be there again!!

have a great day all!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    stacey - That's awesome YAY!!!!

Overall I had a fairly successful week. Finished week 8 of C25K, got in two 90 minute+ Just Dance 2 workouts, and R and I went to Stroller Strides this morning. I went over cals one day, which isn't bad at all considering the damage I usually do when staying at my parents' (we were there 3 days this week). Unfortunately I showed a 3 lb gain on Friday, but it was the day after my cheat day so I'm waiting it out. Already I was down almost 2 lbs this morning from yesterday.
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Stacey!!!

Everyone-Great job on your progress!!!!

My weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm nervous, even though I've done well this week. I'm used to feeling much better way before I see results. I have a banquet to go to, tonight, but I plan to still make good food choices. I can give myself a treat "here and there", but only if I have the calories to spare, because I don't want to slide back into the bad habits.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    kat - wow, that's outrageous that because the government can't agree a budget people don't get paid, or not the full amount :noway: There's plenty of issues with our system but at least as our House of Lords has no influence on the budget we've never hit an issue where one can't be agreed (as it would involve the government arguing with itself! :laugh: ) Yes, is safe to say the royal wedding is big news here, at the moment I seem to keep seeing long-winded articles all about why the Prince isn't going to wear a wedding ring. Not sure what the big deal is, he can't exactly pop in a bar and try and pick someone up pretending he isn't married can he?!? :laugh:

soni-me - good luck with your weigh-in :flowerforyou: I often get nervous too!

Wildcat - definitely sounds like a successful day versus what it easily could have been -well done!

Stacey - many congrats on getting back into the 140s, hooray!! :drinker:

Holly - how flattering re: the bikini comp! :bigsmile: I'd still be beaming!

Nicole - I did exactly the same with giving paracetamol before shots with the other 2, but also saw the research about reducing effectiveness so poor old DD had to cope without. She has been a bit whingey but that could still eb the bronchiolitis as we are still going to hospital for suction and oxygen most days. At least they are done now - though only 4 weeks until the next batch!!

Daisy - I have 2 boys, my eldest is 4 (he will be 5 in June, but is already in school full-time as they start the September after they turn 4 here), my youngest is the one we are PTing, he is 2 (he'll be 2.5 at the end of the month).

Barb - hope things go well with starting your little man in daycare. How fabulous to have some time all to yourself! :bigsmile: Hope he settles in quickly.

Christi - logging the food and exercise is the most important bit, we'll still be here when things ease up for you :flowerforyou:

soni/ daisy - my baby is also cranky in the evenings, my other 2 were as well, I think its the most common cranky-time! :laugh:

Thanks for all the congrats on PTing, I'm still so chuffed for my big boy! :bigsmile: Another accident-free day yesterday - hooray! Apart from that, this week has really sucked majorly, still back and forth to hospital with DD, and I had a rear wisdom tooth pulled out on Tues and it is still hurting. i think I'm going to have to go back to the dentist tomorrow as that's nearly a week. I'll have all 3 kids as its the first day of the Easter Hols - grrrrrrrrr :explode: Oddly I'm discovering pain is making me want to eat and I went about 400 over target yesterday which is the first time since I rejoined. You'd think the tooth pain would put me off, but no...
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Holly-That is a great compliment!! I wouldn't want to do it either though. :bigsmile:

Stacey-Congrats!!!!

Wildcat-Way to go!! I know when I go to my Mom's to visit I'm going to have to go shopping because she has full fat everything, and lots of junk in the house. :laugh:

Soni-Good luck today!

Shoppie-I hope next week is better for you, despite having all three home. I tend to eat more during stressful times, and it's a hard habit to break.

I broke down a logged my weight today since I hadn't done it in about three weeks. Though it said I did it on the 6th and I clearly don't remember that since I was going to try to wait a month. I also measured myself and I'm down .5" in the chest, 2.25" in the waist, 2.5" in the hips, and one inch on each thigh! That's in 8 days doing Jillian Michaels and walking with the kids! I've only lost .2 of a pound, but I'm happy with the measurements. :smile: We played outside for five hours yesterday, and plan to do the same today-before the rain comes. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a SAHM of 1 7 month old baby boy. Things are great, just trying to get the last of my preg. weight off. Have been slacking this past week and am not looking forward to my weigh in day (Wed.) better do some extra exercise today because we have a mini beach vacation April 22 23 24, its comming fast!!!!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Liss. We start a new thread each week, here's the link again:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/214505-sahm-4-11-4-17

Feel free to jump in :)