boneless chicken breast help

Options
waverly9876
waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
Hey! I have some boneless chicken breast in my freezer and would like some fun, easy recipes to make tonight or tomorrow?
I tend to think chicken is dry, so just grilling it or something wont work for me. I wont eat it. I want something that is creative but easy and cheap. I dont want to spend alot of money on other ingredients. Thanks!!

Replies

• Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I find that if you heat a frying pan to about med-high and add 1/4 cup of water and what ever seasoning you want then cook the chicken in the pan it makes it very moist. Add more water if it evaporates but don't drown it. Also baking in the oven in tomato sauce makes it juicy.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    buy a bottle of bbq sauce. Cook the chicken in the crock pot for 6-8 hr on low. Shred the chicken, pour a bit of water and the bottle (or half- depending on how saucy you like it) and let simmer 20 mins in crock. Enjoy on a light wheat hamburger bun!
  • haylayne81
    Options
    I like to boil chicken and then shred it up to make chicken salad, chicken and rice or even buffalo chicken chili or bbq :)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I dont have a crockpot. But thanks.
  • jschneider
    jschneider Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I grill it with a can of low sodium soup...My favorite is French onion (sometimes I will add mushrooms too)...but I have used the low fat cream soups as well...sometimes I will add veggies to give it a "pot pie" filling effect.
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Pepper, onion, salsa, light sour cream and whole wheat tortillas make great healthy fajitas!! Throw some cumin and chili powder on the chicken or one of those fajita packets for seasoning! yum!
  • kamechaf
    kamechaf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm having chicken breast for dinner too! Would love some ideas
  • sociable15
    Options
    my friend gave me this recipe:

Jar of spaghetti sauce
    Low moisture part skim Mozz. cheese
    3-4 Chicken breast s(5 oz each)
    Angel hair pasta

Put 1/2 the jar of spaghetti sauce on teh bottom of the pan and put the chicken on top of the sauce. Pour rest of sauce over the chicken breasts. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 1/2 hour.
    Put 2 Tbsp of the cheese on top and put back in oven for 5 minutes.
    Serve over Angel Hair pasta (1 c. cooked = 2 oz. dry). Enjoy.

You only end up eating about a 1/2 c. of the spaghetti sauce, the rest just keeps it from drying out. Cal. count depends on the weight of the chicken and what kind of pasta you use (I use whole wheat, which is higher cals but also better carbs for you).
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Monterey Chicken:

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 tbsp. BBQ sauce
    chopped green onion
    rotel tomatoes
    fat free shredded cheese
    a few bacon bits
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Oven roast it, cover half with BBQ sauce and melt some chedar cheese over the other half. MMMmmm one of my favourites!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Trim breast, sprinkle with Mrs. Dash, spray oven pan with non-stick spray and bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes. Super tender and easy:bigsmile:
  • southtaski27
    Options
    Stir Fry? I also cut it into cubes, saute it in a little olive oil and garlic, add a can of tomatoes or sauce, italian seasoning and serve it with pasta. You can also add onions and peppers if you like. I sometimes add a little cooking wine for extra flavor. You can also use it sliced thinly as a sub for ground beef in tacos. Chicken fajitas are another option. Also, I find if you marinate a boneless breast over night and then grill it on low heat on a piece of foil, it doesn't get as dried out. Try Cooks.com for more ideas.
  • chantihayes
    Options
    simple, quick and cheap: marinate in italian dressing for about an hour (or longer is ok!) , cover with foil in baking dish, and bake in the oven.. don't vent , be patient, and it will stay moist.

i also like to bread it in whole wheat bread crumbs and cook in a small amount of olive oil and then drain/pat the excess oil off.. the bread crumbs keep it moist...
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    chicken soup with what ever vegetables you have on hand, then spices to coordinate. I love enchilada soup, with spicier seasonings corn, peppers, onion, zuchini and then just toss the chicken breasts right in there. You can do it in a crock pot so you don't have to worry about it. If you want really juicy chicken, I will toss the frozen breast in a pan with liquid and seasons of some kind, cover it and let it cook til done. I use a meat thermometer to test mine. Once its done, let it rest on a cutting board for about five minutes, then cut on a biased. Serve over pasta, rice, steamed veggies, salad, anything. Letting the chicken rest, before cutting it, will ensure all the juices settle back into the meat.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I put a little bit of olive oil in a pan and heat in on med-low-ish. I then season the chicken with Tone's garlic and herb seasoning and some cayenne pepper (i use a lot). I pan fry it until just barely done so that it stays juicy and then let it rest for a couple of minutes to make sure it's cooked through.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Bump ! I love chicken ♥ some nice recipes here :)
  • arush22
    arush22 Posts: 11
    Options
    I like to brown it in a skillet with olive oil, italian seasoning and mushrooms and throw it over a bed of mixed baby greens lettuce. Healthy and easy! Or bake it in a 350 degree oven and put some fat free cream of mushroom soup over it. Yummy!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have some boneless chicken breast in my freezer and would like some fun, easy recipes to make tonight or tomorrow?
    I tend to think chicken is dry, so just grilling it or something wont work for me. I wont eat it. I want something that is creative but easy and cheap. I dont want to spend alot of money on other ingredients. Thanks!!

I do this for the chicken I use everyday for my salads.

Pre-Heat the oven to 425 degrees

Put foil on a baking sheet foiled the foil sides up slightly

Add chicken breasts (thawed cooks faster)

Add a little bit of italian dressing (I used Kens Healthy Choice italian with red pepper..lower cal than most)

Add preferred seasonings (I prefer red pepper flakes, dash of pepper, parsley, or rosemary)

Take another pieces of foil and cover top, closing the sides together.

Cook for about an hour (give or take depending on the breasts)

It comes out sooo juicy and tasty :)
  • tromcom
    tromcom Posts: 2
    Options
    To make chicken less dry, soak it over night in brine (salt water). When you cook it, put it in a covered dish and use a thermometer in the center of the thickest piece. Take it out at 160 degrees and it should be super moist and delicious.
    I usually cook a couple of pounds of b/s chicken each week.