Hummus

Options
jdavis193
jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
What type of hummus do you guys eat. I bought one kind can't remember but i didn't like it. I ate it with carrots. What do you eat it with?

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Im curious to know too I bought the athenos red pepper one and not to crazy about it....
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I make my own from weight watchers. It's very easy and can be found online. I eat it with veggies mostly.
  • allie_00
    allie_00 Posts: 73
    Options
    LOVE hummus! I've been buying roasted garlic or veggie lately as I've been pretty busy but it's soo easy to make yourself! I haven't made it in a while but the homemade stuff is so much better!
  • markymark39
    Options
    I usually make my own, but costco and bj's both have good brands.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i make mixed veggie pitas. i like original hummus the best.
  • allie_00
    allie_00 Posts: 73
    Options
    Carrots, Wasa toast, bread...anything, really. And I've been known to eat it by the spoonful. Lol.
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use the roasted garlic kind and I eat it with triscuits, veggies, and have used it on a sandwich like mayo...I love hummus!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I buy the Summer Fresh Garlic Hummus and use it on wraps instead of a mayo or other dressing.
    I also buy the Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and use it as dip for veggies.

I like them both. I also like regular plain hummus, and either eat it with veggies, or sometimes pita bread as well.

I tried the Artichoke/ Spinach hummus mix once and didn't much care for that.
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    i'm looking to make a low cal hummus...do you have the WW recipe?
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I LOVE hummus!!! I have found the best flavors at Trader Joe's - their Mediterranean flavor is awesome! They also have reduced fat pita chips that are really good too!!
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    Fontaine Sante's Caramelized Onion. OMG it's SO good. I eat it with veggies.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    publix brand is actually REALLY good! They sell it in the deli section. I buy that or Sabra. My fav is roasted garlic or the roasted red pepper.

<~~hummus addict. LOL
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with red, yellow or orange peppers...yummy

get it at Sam's Club...not sure of the brand

would love to see the WW recipe as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I buy tribe original, tribe garlic, tribe eggplant and tribe dill. I eat it with vegetable chips. I know the chips are not the healthiest, but I don't like raw carrots or celery. I'm thinking of making kale chips which are supposed to be really healthy and really good and trying those with hummus.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I make my own. It's easy and delicious. I make my own garlic pita chips to eat with it. Veggies are good with it too.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the garlic one! But the regular is good too. I eat it on a pita or with wheat thins or veggies. I've even used it as a sandwich spread YUM!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I eat it with: Brocoli, Califlower, Carrots, Sandwiches, and Chips/Pretzels.

My favorite brand is probably Trader Joe's. All the others are about even in my mind...just okay.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I eat the Sabra brand (red lid) or Garden Fresh Gourmet (green lid-made here in Michigan). I always forget which kind I like so I remember the lid colors :blushing:

I am eating some right now with some baked pita chips. My favorite is roasted red pepper hummus with the peppers blended in, cut up some tomatoes and cucumbers and put it on top of the hummus. Yummy! I could eat hummus every day.
  • krisbeaver
    krisbeaver Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Sabra Roasted Garlic. I eat it with pita bread:-)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The Marketside brand at Walmart has been my favorite so far. I've tried the roasted red pepper, roasted garlic, and spinach/artichoke. I tried the HEB brand of red pepper and garlic but wasn't a fan of those, just has an odd taste.

I eat mine with cucumbers and carrots, or spread on a whole wheat tortilla with turkey, etc. like a wrap.