CURE FOR STRETCH MARKS

Options
i know of BioOil but unfortunately I am currently too poor to purchase as the bottles are quite expensive here in the UK ... does anyone else have any magic cures for these ugly stretch marks that have appeared on my hips and back of knees (?) with my continuing weightloss (i've lost a stone since the new year wooo!)

any help appreciated

thank you E x

Replies

• purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Butter Formula Cream For Stretch Marks (Concentrated) always works for me, my stretch marks start to fade after 2-3 weeks. I bought some again yesterday!!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just use a cheap walmart(asda) coconut cream and its working great. The key is consistency,you have to apply it everyday,if not twice a day!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There is a product very similar to bio-oil, but half the price. It's called re-gen oil. There was an offer on at Aldi where it was £3.99 per bottle, but not sure if it's finished. I bought some from Asda a few years ago and it's every bit as good as bio oil.

Just googled it and aldi have an offer on this Sunday 18th:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_13812.htm
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i only ever use cocoa butter body butter which u cn buy in morrisons or wilkinsons for a couple of quid., i only had stretch marks on tummy but u can barely see them now, dont know if its just luck or whether body lotion has helped:smile:
  • xmillax
    xmillax Posts: 23
    Options
    wowow thank you so much everyone! im definately going to try get to aldi this weekend if not will try hunt down some cocoa butter!

so helpful thanks everyone... need to rid myself of these stretchmarks before bikini season <3 !! xx
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    No to be a downer or anything...
    But you can't 'get rid' of stretch marks. You can make them appear better by using regular oil or cream but they'll never actually go. Having a tan is supposed to help them look better too. They'll eventually fade from the purple pink-y colour in to a faint silver line, but they will always be there!
  • Stitchfan
    Stitchfan Posts: 14
    Options
    I have 3 babies and I used masses of Vitamin E cream throughout my pregnancies which seemed to help. My weight loss has helped too (I am currently 2 stones lighter than my heaviest weight) but I agree, they never really disappear just fade.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about Maderna.

I've come to accept my stretch marks - of course they'll fade, but in a way I kind of like them now since they're a reminder of how I carried a little life inside of this body for 9 months. That's such a beautiful thing.
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options
    No to be a downer or anything...
    But you can't 'get rid' of stretch marks. You can make them appear better by using regular oil or cream but they'll never actually go. Having a tan is supposed to help them look better too. They'll eventually fade from the purple pink-y colour in to a faint silver line, but they will always be there!

Yeah sorry I would have to agree. They'll never go!!! but they do fade.
  • xmillax
    xmillax Posts: 23
    Options
    just wanted to add for you guys.. didn't go to Aldi went to Wilkinsons in the end their own brand bottles are just 1.99 and working already after just a few days use I can see changes! definitely worth a shot!