what i happening?????

Options
I have lost almost 21 pounds and i cannot see it yet? what is going on with this! I am getting very discouraged and would like to see some results! Is this normal? :ohwell:

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Two factors come to mind:
    1- What percentage of your original weight is this? For those of us who have a lot to lose, the first 10-20 pounds doesn't have much visual effect. When I was over 200, I had a lot of clothes that were not at all tight fitting, so I didn't notice there until they started falling off.
    2- Has anyone else noticed? Sometimes we are the last to notice our own changes - our self image is slow to catch up with reality in a lot of ways.

Remember: 20 pounds is GREAT and represents a lot of work and changes. KEEP IT UP!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    YES! Get out a tape measure right now and measure. I swear, when I was down 15 pounds I could not see it. BUT the numbers were there. Down in inches all over.

ONCE I GAINED weight!! While working with a trainer I put on 3 pounds:angry: then I measured and was down a full inch on the tummy and another on the thighs:bigsmile:

You are doign great and your health will be all the better for it!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others.. MEASURE!
  • mrsbullard21
    Options
    Pictures and measurements! It's hard to see changes on ourselves, but I bet your friends/family have noticed. Definitely take measurements. The numbers on the scale will lie but the numbers on that tape won't!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Do your measurements!!!!

Do not let yourself get in your way of success!!

20 lbs down is AMAZING!! That means you have been working hard! Be proud of that!!

Sorry I'm Mrs. Exclamation, but seriously, please be proud of what you have accomplished. When I lost the weight last time I was involved with this site 5 years ago before I got pregnant with my daughter, I hit a platau, and I swear I wasn't losing weight at all but I was losing inches, because I was starting to build muscle tone. Don't be down, get up and keep going!!

Jess
  • mkraemer91
    mkraemer91 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should definitely start measuring, and comparing measurements! It gives you the gratification you need when you don't see the results yourself. I've lost a little over 35lbs, and in my eyes I don't see much of a difference. But whenever I see family members or friends I haven't seen in a while it's ALWAYS the first thing they comment on. I've noticed a big change in my measurements and in my clothing sizes as well. We see ourselves and study ourselves daily in the mirror, and these changes are so gradual that they happen without us even noticing them. Don't get discouraged! Losing 21lbs is amazing, and something that you should be proud of!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It took about 30 lbs for me to start noticing. Don't give up, you will see it one day and when you do you will feel great!
  • iverayna
    iverayna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yeah you cant always go by weight.. I have lost 25 pounds and i still wear the same pants, Just differently now. I have lost a lot of my waist and the top of my butt (you know that chubby chunk above the bootay in hip area). Flexible mearuring tape is better for you right now.. Dont get discouraged.... Get measured...
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You won't lose the weight immediately from those troublesome spots we would like it to leave from. You love some here and there all over, which makes it harder to see the results. As everyone else said, measuring may help you to see those results, and inch here, a half in there, etc.