Question on some of the abbreviations...

ttmaiolo
ttmaiolo Posts: 14
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm reading some of these posts in fitness and exercise but am getting lost b/c I'm not sure what some of the terms are. Can you tell me what HIIT and MRT are?
Thanks,
Tracey

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I'm reading some of these posts in fitness and exercise but am getting lost b/c I'm not sure what some of the terms are. Can you tell me what HIIT and MRT are?
    Thanks,
    Tracey

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. not sure about MRT though.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    believe that was the Metabollic Resistance Training.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Hiit = High Intensity Interval Training.

MRT = not entirely sure the context in which you've seen this, but could be related to a complex nutritional drink or a test that is done for irritable bowel syndrome.
  • ttmaiolo
    MRT = not entirely sure the context in which you've seen this, but could be related to a complex nutritional drink or a test that is done for irritable bowel syndrome.

It was in the same context as HIIT so I assume it's the Metabolic Resistance Training as stated above.

Thanks!
  • Rloral
    Rloral Posts: 112 Member
    I had a similar question about an abbreviation. What is bump?
  • ttmaiolo
    If I'm not mistaken, that is just to move the topic higher up on the message list so that other people see it....
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Yeah on here it's either used by the original poster to bring up the post so more people see it (how many times have you gone to page 3.. or even page 2 of a multi-page forum? OR it's used by members to "Tag" a post so it shows in their "my topics" so they can find it again later when they actually have time to read it.
This discussion has been closed.