Can anyone help?

Options
If anyone has any knowledge about calories, and carbs and all that, and could help me- I would appreciate it.

I am looking at my numbers that I am allowed to have, and it doesnt seem like it could be right...
The calories seems ok, I guess, but the carbs and such.. I dont think its possible, or healthy..

Daily Goals:

Calories Carbs Fat Sugars

1890 260 63 38

What do you think?

Replies

• rainysoul
    Options
    If anyone has any knowledge about calories, and carbs and all that, and could help me- I would appreciate it.

I am looking at my numbers that I am allowed to have, and it doesnt seem like it could be right...
    The calories seems ok, I guess, but the carbs and such.. I dont think its possible, or healthy..

Daily Goals:

Calories Carbs Fat Sugars

1890 260 63 38

What do you think?
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing :-)
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm really not an expert on nutrition, but my best guess is that in general we are supposed to stay at or below the numbers for calories, carbs, fat, sugars - although protein confuses me (is more bad or good!!) and water could definitely be more - the more the better - sorry!!

The numbers may seem high because the idea of good, sustainable weight loss is to move into a habit of healthy eating slowly. As your weight drops the calories, carbs, etc will drop to continue weight loss.

I think one of the pitfalls of some of the fad diets is that they try to drop everything down so quickly that dieters feel really deprived and just can't tolerate the change.

Slow, steady progress may seem frustrating at first - but if you can sustain it for life, how great is that?

Stay with it - you are doing great..
  • createsure
    Options
    Check out this website:

http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=4&tax_level=2&tax_subject=256&topic_id=1342

It has all the DRI info, which is "dietary reference intakes", it is much more accurate and up to date than the RDA values, although they do use RDA quite a bit in conjunction with the DRI.

When you open this webpage, there is a column on the right side. Click on "DRI tables".
    This will open a PDF file that has all the info-- reccomended intakes for different ages and sexes, as well as upper intake limits (the amount of something you should not go over in a day). I looked on there and wrote down my personal amounts on a 3 X 5 index card (actually one for vitamins, one for micronutrients and one for macronutrients).

I did see that the carb intake recommended is a lot less that what this site "allows" me, and I'm not one to try to avoid carbs, either. This should be just what you're looking for!