Make sure you are cleaning your HRM strap!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a HRM w/ Strap that is not too exspensive and works really good?? I bought one that I am returning
    that is not a HRM with a strap. Thanks
  • GettingFit45
    GettingFit45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ladybug same thing happens with mine. I wash mine after each use and I still get dead or even some CRAZY high readings. So I'm not sure why that happens. It can be frustrating though.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Last night I washed it! This morning I put it on and it worked!!!!!!!!!!! BUT 20 mins later my HR went to 00 :( I was so mad then I realized it probably dried up. I heard that id its not consistanly wet it wont pick up. So the ultimate test is tonight!!!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    A couple of other things you can do is spray the shirt and strap with static guard to reduce static interference and if you have the type soft strap where the transmitter snaps on, clean the snap connectors with light machine oil.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I give mine a quick hand soap rinse after each use and wash once a week with my towels.

okay and here I go sounding like a mom, but it says to wash it every couple wears right in the manual! Come on people read the literature!